RTH sequence gone different....how come?

Reaction score
Last night when I flew, the connection was lost so RTH was initiated on DJI GO app, except for it repeatedly said RTH failed. At the end, I had to flick the S2 on the remote to bring it back. In the past, when signal was lost, RTH would bring the bird home by itself without toggling S2. Last two flights, I had to resort to using the S2 twice in a row. I am wondering have I missed something when setting up the RTH?

Thanks.

K

Last night when I flew, the connection was lost so RTH was initiated on DJI GO app, except for it repeatedly said RTH failed. At the end, I had to flick the S2 on the remote to bring it back. In the past, when signal was lost, RTH would bring the bird home by itself without toggling S2. Last two flights, I had to resort to using the S2 twice in a row. I am wondering have I missed something when setting up the RTH?

Thanks.

K
Glad you posted this because I've been seeing the same thing since the last FW update, I'm on 1.6.8. And I've been doing the S2 switch to get into the RTH mode also. Not sure if it's really a failed RTH, or just the app giving notice that it failed but was indeed still heading home. Wasn't about to wait and see which it was, as I'm out 500 to 800m when this happens. Have also had this happen when using the Go app RTH, and now have just been going right to the S2 from the start. Let's see if anyone else has been having this new issue come up.

Reactions: Walnawk
it because you just lost signal video feeds but not RC signal so it wouldn't auto RTH that explain why RTH can be inisiate with S2 flick but doesnt work on RTH in app
so if you not sure when use S2 then turn the RC OFF so signal completely lost and it will inisiate RTH

I think you're missing the point of the OP, and me. We got an actual error message on the app that is saying "RTH failed" Sometimes this RTH is the failsafe (no rc signal) because it is not started by the operator, but by the system on it's own. I've personally have gotten this message both in the way just described, and also when activated by the Go app. I can understand how maybe when done by the Go app the command isn't getting through for some reason and hence the message. But why would the RTH fail (per error message) when not activated by the operator, but the system.

Reactions: Walnawk
I think you're missing the point of the OP, and me. We got an actual error message on the app that is saying "RTH failed" Sometimes this RTH is the failsafe (no rc signal) because it is not started by the operator, but by the system on it's own. I've personally have gotten this message both in the way just described, and also when activated by the Go app. I can understand how maybe when done by the Go app the command isn't getting through for some reason and hence the message. But why would the RTH fail (per error message) when not activated by the operator, but the system.

ah definetely i missed that, i thought you all slide RTH on the APP manually in a middle of video downlink was disconnected, but if doesn't like that oke then my mistake i'm sorry :)

i had same situation like this once, but error comes up when i'm forced slide RTH on the app in the middle of video feeds was disconnected, birds reject to RTH and stand still hovers, so i've to turn rc off to makes RTH initiate

WMCVEY is right on. Checking back on the video, when connection was lost and "disconnected", the bird sat still in the air. Meanwhile on the RC, RTH prompt/slider came without no error message yet and no bird to return either for another 8 minutes. So I hit RTH button on the go app and that's when "RTH failed" appeared. Did that 3 times, then ended up solving the situation by flicking S2. In the past, RTH prompt/slider came and that was it for return home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20