RTH S2 switch ?

Reaction score
Still learning and trying to cover all my bases before I get in situation I don't know how to handle. If I lose connection with my video and want to initiate RTH with my RC I know I can toggle S2 a couple 2 or 3 times to start the process. My question is how will I know RTH has started?

You will also get a pop-up warning on the app indicating RTH has been initiated.

Thats where im a little confused. I thought I would here the beep as that comes from the RC... But as far as the app giving me any helpful info I have questions. I have flown out and tested my distance because lets face it, its pretty cool, but when I did it, it was a little nerve racking because once I have video start to flicker haven't I essentially lost contact with video portion? So at that point then, do the controls on the app still work such as RTH? When I get the red prompt at the top that says lost contact or whatever it says I can't exactly remember, I won't be able to use the app to initiate RTH correct? I just want to make sure I totally understand what to do when I am at the edge of my distance. So if I just fly the drone out as far as I can get a red warning on my app I can just go ahead and toggle S2 a couple times and hold my breath and wait for connection to re-establish as the drone starts working back to Home???

Last edited:
Thats where im a little confused. I thought I would here the beep as that comes from the RC... But as far as the app giving me any helpful info I have questions. I have flown out a tested by distance because lets face it, its pretty cool, but when I did it was a little nerve racking because once I have video start to flicker havent I essentially lost contact with video portion. So at that point then, do the controls on the app still work suck as RTH? When I get the red prompt at the top that says lost contact or whatever it says I can't exactly remember I won't be able to use the app to initiate RTH correct? I just want to make sure I totally understand what to do when I am at the edge of my distance. So if I just fly the drone out as far as I can get a red warning on my app I can just go ahead and toggle S2 a couple times and hold my breath and wait for connection to re-establish as the drone starts working back to Home???
Usually when you lose video signal you will still have control of the bird (usually, not always). Just because you don't have video doesn't mean you can't enable RTH from the app, you should still be able to do that.

As long as you have a green light on your controller, you still have a control signal and can initiate RTH either through S2 or the app. Once the light turns to red, no signal and RTH should auto initiate. When it is back in range and the light on your controller turns to green again, you can cancel RTH either through S2 or the app. Just make sure your RTH settings are correct for the area you are flying in.

That explanation helps a ton.. Thanks!! I do have everything set right, the red and green light totally makes sense, so much to learn!!

I have flown out and tested my distance because lets face it, its pretty cool

I still do this all the time. I think I've had something like 50 flights in total, and I reckon close to 40 of those would be to test the bird's range and have hit auto RTH. It came back to me every time. Am I pushing my luck? Eh, whatever...

To cancel RTH .... it is S1 switch.

Nigel

Really? What is the sequence of SW1 to cancel RTH? I know you initiate RTH with SW2 but have not used it TBH, have only used the app so far

Page 23 at top .... in the Manual

I sometimes use S2 to start RTH ... I flick it fully back and forth at least TWICE. The Controller then starts to BEEP indicating RTH is active.

When I want to cancel RTH - I just Flick S1 back and forth repeatedly till I get confirmation RTH is off. Usually its once or twice is enough.

Nigel

Sorry to keep asking what may seem like dumb questions just really want to have a firm handle on this situation. So I lose video but still have green light on controller, I can go ahead and initiate RTH with either method. I will hear the beeps to know it has begun. I lose RC control (Red Light) and I just wait patiently and the Drone will begin RTH on its own,,, BUT I won't hear the beep until it has gotten back into range and re-connected with RC? What im asking I guess is or confirming in my head is if I fly it out beyond RC connection, get a red light on my RC, I should just not touch anything and eventually I will re-connect and hear the beep telling me it is coming back? Love the forum have learned a lot.

Yep ... you got it.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4