RTH Questions

Reaction score
Does the RTH feature have to be setup in NAZA assistant first?

And does it only work with GPS mode enabled?

Thanks!

The RTH function comes ready. In fact, there is no where that you can set with NAZA assistant but the IOC that you must set because it came unchecked as default. But there are conditions that must be fulfilled before the RTH can work properly. First when you plug in the battery and during the "warm up" period, once the 6 or more satellites are detected, you will see the rapid GREEN indicating that the home position is locked. This is the spot where your Phantom will return to. Next during the course, all 6 or more satellites have to be locked in at all time or the RTH will NOT work. The GPS mode is not relevant simply because the RTH is activated when the Phantom lost the communication with the transmitter.

As for the IOC:
The CL works via the compass so no GPS required so no need to set the GPS mode.
The HL required GPS mode. But both CL & HL require the home lock position recorded either 30 seconds during the warm (rapid GREEN) up as mentioned above or set the home lock position yourself as follows:

To do a manual CL recording I toggle from off to CL 4 times

To do a manual HL recording I toggle from CL to HL 4 times

tanasit said:
T
To do a manual HL recording I toggle from CL to HL 4 times

..and be sure to flip it back to the OFF position once you've done so!

DJI doesn't make it very clear that RTH will kick in no matter what flying mode you're flying in.

Denverwetbiker said:
Is there a way to set up RTH to kick in when the battery gets to a certain level?

No, if you ignore the red flashing warning the phatom will eventually just land whereever it is. (When 2nd stage warning is reached.)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj