RTH question

Reaction score
Hello all, so my question is, if you flick the switch to rth and the phantom is more than 20 meters below you, ie down a hill or over a cliff, will it raise back up 20 meters above its home point, or will it raise 20 meters and fly into the cliff ? It's too windy here to test !

Cheers all

Interesting question - the more you think about it.

From what I can read of the Chinenglish manuals, the craft will lift 20m from it's position when the signal is lost.

That said, it still has to reference it's alltitude at the recorded home position.

My money is on disaster. If you're brave- try it out at say 10m below take off point. And let us know :twisted:

I guess the best way to test this is to send it -5m below floor level and try it... Then do the same at -10m and then again at -15m, and by that time you should be able to see the difference between each RTH altitude.

Baby steps....

Benitoculito said:
Hello all, so my question is, if you flick the switch to rth and the phantom is more than 20 meters below you, ie down a hill or over a cliff, will it raise back up 20 meters above its home point, or will it raise 20 meters and fly into the cliff ? It's too windy here to test !

Cheers all
Manuals reading:

When Failsafe activates, If phantom is above 20 mts, it will keep that altitude and return home. if it is lower than 20 mts. it will climb to 20 mts and then return home.

Phantom will not detect / avoid obstacles between Failsafe point and Home recorded point, so... Answering your question: Phantom detects its altitude, not based in your altitude when trigger failsafe... It will crash returning home point if start failsafe been lower than home point and any obstacle is between.

Benitoculito said:
Thanks for the response guys, will try it as soon as this wind drops !

Let sus know how it goes.

But I'm pretty sure that it is all based on the altitude of your set home location,
and if RTH is enabled, it will raise to Home Location + 20M and return home.

this should tell it all :)

Attachments

• rth-s.png
    rth-s.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 407
Unfortunately the weather is still very bad here, haven't been able to do the test yet ! English weather ! Drives me mad !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj