RTH Question/Confirmation?

Reaction score
I think I may have seen this but am not sure. Will RTH override ANY running app and return the copter to home? I kind of think it does, but can't specifically remember seeing it. If I am running DJI Go and it goes haywire and I hit RTH, will it come back regardless of what the app says? Probably been discussed before but thanks for your input.

In DJI GO, hitting RTH brings it home. Other apps (I believe) might not always do it depending on the app and program

Use the RTH button on the controller, if you are out of control range your failsafe will kick in. If you are out of range and lose GPS but your failsafe is RTH I believe it will hover until it re-gains GPS or your low battery warning kicks in then it will auto land where it is.

RTH on the controller will work as long as you have GPS signal on the quad and are still within control range no matter what app you are using.

Will RTH override ANY running app and return the copter to home?
I'm assuming you're referring to the RTH button on the front of the remote controller. If so, pressing and holding that button will initiate the Smart RTH function -- which will return your Phantom to the last marked home point as long as your remote controller is connected to your Phantom and your Phantom has a good GPS signal.

The Phantom manual does not mention what will happen if you initiate Smart RTH and your Phantom does not have a good GPS signal. I'm assuming it will either not initiate RTH or your Phantom will obey the following DJI GO setting:

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.png

When Fail Safe RTH is activated and your Phantom does not have a good GPS signal, it'll land at its current location after 10 seconds when "Return-to-Home" is selected in the above setting.

I'm assuming you're referring to the RTH button on the front of the remote controller. If so, pressing and holding that button will initiate the Smart RTH function -- which will return your Phantom to the last marked home point as long as your remote controller is connected to your Phantom and your Phantom has a good GPS signal.

The Phantom manual does not mention what will happen if you initiate Smart RTH and your Phantom does not have a good GPS signal. I'm assuming it will either not initiate RTH or your Phantom will obey the following DJI GO setting:

View attachment 41628

When Fail Safe RTH is activated and your Phantom does not have a good GPS signal, it'll land at its current location after 10 seconds when "Return-to-Home" is selected in the above setting.

Thanks, I just wanted to be sure the RTH button would override any input from any other app that may try to tell it do to otherwise.

I'm assuming the RTH button will override any app. There is no mention of this in the Phantom manual though. You could certainly do some testing outdoors while running various apps.

I'm assuming the RTH button will override any app. There is no mention of this in the Phantom manual though. You could certainly do some testing outdoors while running various apps.

This is why I posted this question, I didn't think it was specifically addressed in the manual. It is nice to be sure something will happen when you expect it to happen. I'v read numerous threads where people talk about third party apps acting up and I just wanted to be sure that the safety blanket of the RTH button is there to protect me.
Thanks.

If a 3rd party app acts up, just shut it down. Your Phantom will fly just fine with the remote controller. Or, start up DJI GO and fly back with that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31