RTH problems, newbie

Reaction score
Set return to home altitude to 20 meters, established home point, P mode, took drone out to 125 feet and 50 ft. high, hit return to home button on controller, it rotated 180 degrees to come back, climbed to over 400 at which point I canceled RTH by pushing button on controller. Have done this twice at different locations. What have i missed in settings. Calibrate compass every time and I calibrated IMU. Seems like it does not know its altitude? Completely open field void of any obstacles

Twenty meters is awfully low for a RTH setting. I'm wondering whether the software won't allow it to be set that low. Default is 30. Maybe the app thinks you want 120 and is setting it to that.

This is all just speculation of course.

Thanks, I will reset and try again. Sent flight log to dji for review, they were stumped. I will see what they come up with

Checked previous flight log and I had the default 30m altitude and had the same problem

Set return to home altitude to 20 meters, established home point, P mode, took drone out to 125 feet and 50 ft. high, hit return to home button on controller, it rotated 180 degrees to come back, climbed to over 400 at which point I canceled RTH by pushing button on controller. Have done this twice at different locations. What have i missed in settings. Calibrate compass every time and I calibrated IMU. Seems like it does not know its altitude? Completely open field void of any obstacles
It's good that you got this test "out of the way" early. It may well save you a lot of time and trouble later on down the road.

Too bad most operators don't even attempt to "test" that RTH function to make sure it works the way you would like.

AD

As an aside. Don't recalibrate the compass each time. It's unnessecary and isn't recommended by DJI. Can lead to potential errors.

Hi guys am just making a comment. .. Oh ok , you say don't calibrate compass each time. interesting. Am glad somebody mentioned RTH is in metres, it confused me as my other setting is in feet. Thanks

Hi guys am just making a comment. .. Oh ok , you say don't calibrate compass each time. interesting. Am glad somebody mentioned RTH is in metres, it confused me as my other setting is in feet. Thanks

Check your setup as I believe RTH height can be set in feet or metres depending on how you have your app configured

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Why would a gimbal guard cause this? I use a polar pro guard made from plastic. I'm confused.

Sent from my SM-T280 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj