RTH problems and too many threads.....

Reaction score
There are now so many threads on this one matter that it is getting impossible to follow all.

I have tried to compile test flights with various FW and Go apps to help people create a reliable flying machine.

I have also posted explanations of Compass errors and what causes them.

I have also posted about GPS and the common misconceptions.

I do not profess to be the expert - but hope that some can help those entering this great hobby.

Many of the fly-aways and problems I honestly believe could have been avoided by a bit more reading and gaining info before rushing out and hitting those sticks.

It reminds me of the other types of RC - where people go buy a model aircraft and then complain it crashes .... or the boat that hits the bank or sinks ... etc.
Multi-rotors such as this P3S may be easier because of its auto features and flight controller - but still a can of snakes if you get it wrong.

Nigel

Reactions: Solly747400
I certainly hope you're right and that pilot error is the cause of all this. Being new to the hobby, I could live with this explaination. The possibility that this is a software related issue and malfunction would be a lot more difficult to accept. I would want to feel that if I did all my due diligence in reading and watching tutorials I could feel confident that I am doing the right things and that I would be able to depend on the technology doing what it is suppose to be doing!

Reactions: SeabirdP4
I suggest following my flight tests which show that latest Go App with Android is at fault and causing problems ... BUT if a flyer has some basic flight skills - he could actually save his model even with such problems. That is my point.

Here is the thread where I am trying to solve much of this for people :

Test flight P3S, FW 1.8.10, Go app 2.9.1 Results for you

Rushing out to fly without studying manual .. without trying to get some basic knowledge is serious.

I want to help people NOT lose their models ...

Nigel

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-26_14-47-50.png
    upload_2017-1-26_14-47-50.png
    215.4 KB · Views: 272
Sometimes it's the silly little mistakes that causes the biggest problems. Including me. Took me a while to get used to DJI displaying RTH in metres and yet showed my height in feet on screen. Nearly lost my drone because of it. All down to my mistake. But some people will insist it's a software fault (yet again that included me lol)

Neon Euc

I agree that many of these issues are caused by pilot error. However, a new RTH issue recently popped up that seems to be caused by a bug in DJI GO. See more details here.

Rushing out to fly without studying manual .. without trying to get some basic knowledge is serious.
Unfortunately, all the reading in the world is not going to fix this new issue. Pilots could cancel RTH though if they realize what is happening before the aircraft is out of range.

it's seems it's a problem with the app reading map data , I saw a post on DJI FORUM where someone had turned on the china map option and the home point was accurate !

I agree that many of these issues are caused by pilot error. However, a new RTH issue recently popped up that seems to be caused by a bug in DJI GO. See more details here.

Unfortunately, all the reading in the world is not going to fix this new issue. Pilots could cancel RTH though if they realize what is happening before the aircraft is out of range.

If you go through the reasons I have started to test all these Go's and FW's is because of such as the RTH and Video streaming as well as range problems.

My aim is to to be able to suggest a combo of FW and GO that people can load up and be confident with. Sorry to be blunt but too many are coming on moaning and groaning but not trying to solve the problem. I want to provide an answer that can work.

I have also shown repeatedly that basic flying skill can prevent a lot of the fly-aways and crashes that people have.

To anyone new to these models - I suggest flying round a large open patch but close in ... getting to learn what the stick actions do. Learn to follow the map flight lines whether there's a map showing or not ... skills that I believe many do not try to learn.

Nigel

Reactions: loganlexow
I hope this isn't a dumb question but can this issue be solved by simply switching to the litchi app? I think it's ridiculous that DJI have this problem.

Thank you very much for all the hard work you're doing to help resolve this issue. I haven't experienced a problem YET. I am a tinkerer by nature but I've purposely not touched my P3S so I don't have problems lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using PhantomPilots mobile app

I believe that Litchi does not have these problems.

Many thanks

Nigel

Reactions: loganlexow
Once the Rth is deployed and it's noticed the home distance is not decreasing but going further afield am I right in assuming the rth can not be cancelled either on screen or manually on rc

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You'll be able to cancel RTH as long as the remote controller is still connected.

All I can say is tap the cancel and see what happens ...

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31