RTH panic

Reaction score
Hi All

Can anyone help me regarding my query ? please

I was out flying my P3 pro the other day and i took off with home point set to where i took off from i then started to fly around and was getting quite far away when i pressed on the screen to reset the home point to where the quadcopter was at that time by mistake and because i got in such a fluster and panic as i couldnt see my p3 i then pressed the return to home which didnt come back to me but decided to start landing were i reset it too so my question is what would of been the easiest way to get my p3 back to me.I did manage to get it just by chance really but i did panic so any advise would be wonderful

Many thanks kev

Reset home point again. You have the option to set it to the location of the controller, meaning your mobile device. Confirm it was set correctly on the map, then try RTH again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GodFear17
Another option would of been to cancel the RTH open up the map view, gain some alt and fly back to yourself on the map.

Reset home point again. You have the option to set it to the location of the controller, meaning your mobile device. Confirm it was set correctly on the map, then try RTH again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Oh yes of coarse how stupid am i ?? many thanks for your help

Another option would of been to cancel the RTH open up the map view, gain some alt and fly back to yourself on the map.
Hello i did try that for a bit but was in so much of a panic i couldnt work out which way i was pointing i think i will try on the simulator many thanks

i then pressed the return to home which didnt come back to me but decided to start landing were i reset it too so my question is what would of been the easiest way to get my p3 back to me.
The radar display is another aid to help you aim the Phantom towards you and fly back.
You can always tell which way the Phantom is pointing by looking at the radar.

Reactions: oakmeadows
Hello i did try that for a bit but was in so much of a panic i couldnt work out which way i was pointing i think i will try on the simulator many thanks

Oh, I know the feeling! Just know the phantom will be the arrow and you are the blue dot, just fly the arrow to the blue dot and you'll be fine! I've done complete flights using just the map just so I'd be good at it.

Hi All

Can anyone help me regarding my query ? please

I was out flying my P3 pro the other day and i took off with home point set to where i took off from i then started to fly around and was getting quite far away when i pressed on the screen to reset the home point to where the quadcopter was at that time by mistake and because i got in such a fluster and panic as i couldnt see my p3 i then pressed the return to home which didnt come back to me but decided to start landing were i reset it too so my question is what would of been the easiest way to get my p3 back to me.I did manage to get it just by chance really but i did panic so any advise would be wonderful

Many thanks kev

Just wondering how you are able reset the home point to where the quadcopter is accidently. I do not own a P3 yet but I would like to know so it does not happen to me. I know how to reset the home point to your mobile device(I am assuming the mobile device needs built in GPS).

Never mind. I just answered my own question thru youtube:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic