RTH or Home Lock

Reaction score
Stupid question?

I want to fly my FC40 from on top of a cliff(home spot) down the cliff side to catch some vid/pics of a waterfall. How does the RTH or Home lock feature work when you go below your gps starting points?

If I get into trouble of some sorts will the phantom recognize the lower alt and climb up after the RTH or HL mode is engaged?

Don't want to test it out without getting some opinions and advice.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you activate RTH manually or by flying out of range, the Phantom will rise 60 feet above your home point before returning to home and then descend straight down. Not sure about HL at lower than home point altitude, I think it would stay low while coming back to you.

Tho make sure in the naza assistant that on the fail safe settings in the advanced tab then F/S page will bring you to a page that has enhanced fail safe settings. good ideal to make sure that the "go home then landing" choice is picked. That is the one were it will if below 66 feet rise up to 66 feet before heading to the home point and then land. . If you are ever higher then 66feet it will stay were its at then head home and then land. Just be carefull that the cliff dont block your gps signal tho or it cant head home. also if you dont know were its at or if things are higher then 66 feet that could in any way be in its path depending on what way it happened to be that i might hit on its way back in a strait line to home. before putting it in fail safe even if you cant see it give it some throttle for a few seconds to raise it up some then put it in fail safe. That will help ensure its high up and less of a chance of hitting any thing on the way back.

the other setting that that just says landing. That one is not good and will just start to land were ever its at.

Good advice J James.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20