Rth no Good

Reaction score
I made a post about this not too long ago.

First long range, Didnt go as expected.

Rth work fine when ever its close and when its un use ful to me.
Its my 2nd time doing a long range test testing a windsurfer and every time i lose video feed app asks me if i want rth now??
I tap on yes and all it says is "rth timed out"
Am i doing something wrong or is it realy how it works

Toggle the s2 switch and it will initiate RTH through the remote

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I made a post about this not too long ago.

Rth work fine when ever its close and when its un use ful to me.
Its my 2nd time doing a long range test testing a windsurfer and every time i lose video feed app asks me if i want rth now??
I tap on yes and all it says is "rth timed out"
Am i doing something wrong or is it realy how it works

Thanks. Ill do that but then whats point of the app asking.

Good Point, but I would bet it is working. On my theory, the app tells the remote through WiFi to activate RTH. The remote sends the request to the Phantom. The data coming from the Phantom is not being received and is not updating the app that RTH is activated.

A will have to try in my self, but my experience seems to be the Phantom looses the remote signal and not the video. I have only pressed / tapped the RTH button once to show somebody it works, it has never asked me like yours.
:)

Good Point, but I would bet it is working. On my theory, the app tells the remote through WiFi to activate RTH. The remote sends the request to the Phantom. The data coming from the Phantom is not being received and is not updating the app that RTH is activated.

A will have to try in my self, but my experience seems to be the Phantom looses the remote signal and not the video. I have only pressed / tapped the RTH button once to show somebody it works, it has never asked me like yours.

Mine did not come home when rth timed out in app, its just hoovered, so i switched the s2 and then it rth to home, i was 1050 m from home point when the app got disconnected/grayed out

Mine did not come home when rth timed out in app, its just hoovered, so i switched the s2 and then it rth to home, i was 1050 m from home point when the app got disconnected/grayed out
Thanks for your reply, I am trying to understand this the best I can if I am pretending to know this routine.

#1 You had lost video / your incoming data (Yes or No)

#2 Your were prompted "asked" if you wanted to activate RTH (Yes or No)
If Yes, then what happened, did you have do anything else?
or
#3 You pressed the RTH on the app (Yes or No)

#4 How long to wait to hit S2?
1 - 10 sec, 10 - 59 sec, 1 - 10 min, 1 - 10 hours

Please note:
You will not be judged on your answers, you have already passed, your Phantom came back.

What's the FailSafe setting in the GO app?
The "hoover" is one of the options and intended drone behaviors when the connectivity is lost.

I thought of that but I figured it would have done the same after flipped the S2 switch. Just hovered.

Sorry guys ... I have no direct experience with P3S or the function of S1 or S2 but ...

The RTH and FAILSAFE are two different things. The RTH is one of the FAILSAFE options, but it is not the only one. So ... potentially ... the FAILSAFE was initiated by the conditions and whatever the action was configured started taking place, then the user interrupted it with the RTH command, and the drone came home.

Just look at the GO settings and run thru all potential scenarios.

Yeah, I tried to look before I posted last but my mobile device is here and the phantom is at home. Got tomorrow off supposed to rain.

Thanks for your reply, I am trying to understand this the best I can if I am pretending to know this routine.

#1 You had lost video / your incoming data (Yes or No)
Yes

#2 Your were prompted "asked" if you wanted to activate RTH (Yes or No)
If Yes, then what happened, did you have do anything else? Yes but it timed out
or
#3 You pressed the RTH on the app (Yes or No)
Yes

#4 How long to wait to hit S2?
1 - 10 sec, 10 - 59 sec, 1 - 10 min, 1 - 10 hours
I waited 2 min for i thought it was rth, then i realize it was not, and then i hit the s2 switch

Please note:
You will not be judged on your answers, you have already passed, your Phantom came back.

I think it hoovered for it still had signal from rc controll but not signal from app because it has disconnected/crash that was what i was told on dji forum

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj