RTH initiates when I reach the 120 meter ceiling.

Reaction score
I have about 5 flights completed when I have reached the 120m pre-set ceiling, with nothing other than a warning from the app that I have reached 120m.

Yesterday however, when I reached 120m, RTH was initiated. I quickly took control because There are trees everywhere around. This has never happened before, so I tried it again and the same thing happened.

At exactly 120m I get the weak signal and RTH initiates, it never did that before, has something changed in the App update?.

I have changed the altitude setting to 150m now, more testing Today

RTH initiates on lost remote signal, you get the weak remote signal first as a warning. The weak remote signal doesn't show up in the flight log. The altitude setting won't effect it. It will display maximum altitude reached and will not let you go higher.

I have received the weak signal warning with the standard when it was 300 ft straight above me. I adjusted the angle of the antenna and controller to get a better signal, but either way its disappointing my standard doesn't seem to have a great range. I bought an antenna reflector and will see how that helps when we have better weather.

How many flights?
I see this problem which appears to be the same about twice a week. Since August.

My standard has about a dozen flights and I have received the low warning 3 times and the farthest I have gone is about 1000ft and once it didnt even regain the video feed. How far have you gone with your standard without losing video feed?

I have flown mine out to 400 meters and up to 120 meters and never had RTH initiated until Yesterday when it did it twice at 120 meters up, in different locations. Can't test it Today, gale force winds.

The App lady said height limit reached return home, exactly on 120 meters both times. I can't believe that I have coincidentally lost signal exactly at the same time I reached 120 meters, twice, so I have to assume that it does it automatically now because it never did it before at that height limit.

Weird , If you haven't, playback your flight logs, they always work indoors. Please note when you loose Telemetry data the flight log will have a hole in it.

Weird , If you haven't, playback your flight logs, they always work indoors. Please note when you loose Telemetry data the flight log will have a hole in it.

Both flight logs show the warning 'max altitude reached adjust in MC' followed immediately by 'signal lost, return home'.

I'm still on 2.3.0 and just wondered . Thanks

The APP did update itself the other day, quite what the update involved I wouldn't know. Maybe auto return initiates when any distance height limit is exceeded. I don't know about all this techno stuff, I can work around it anyway I guess.

I don't know what's up with all this .
I got mine on 9/22 and did the start up stuff and that's it . The only update I've seen is the one 2.4.1 and won't do it.
I haven't had any of the issue's I've been seeing and just don't get it .

I don't know what's up with all this .
I got mine on 9/22 and did the start up stuff and that's it . The only update I've seen is the one 2.4.1 and won't do it.
I haven't had any of the issue's I've been seeing and just don't get it .

To be fair this is the only issue I've had and I'm not sure it's even an issue. If it's supposed to do this then that's fine it's just different to how it was. For the record, I am totally in love with it, everything I ever wanted in a multi-rotor.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well I flew mine yesterday, hit the elevation top at least 3 times. But stupidly updated the software in the last 2 hours, so I don't know what I was running. 2.4.1 is whats loaded now on non IOS.

I had to reconnect my Phantom by turning on remote and phantom, the SSID was still the same, didn't have to re-enter password.

I wonder if the new guys that just got one will get 2.4.1 when they do the start up process .
It might be a good update Rod .

I wonder if the new guys that just got one will get 2.4.1 when they do the start up process .
It might be a good update Rod .

I found it, Healthy Drones says I had 2.3.0

Freaking Cool.

Part of why I looked for an update, I installed there app HD Sync, and loaded up all my flights.

Happy as a clam that missed the bake. (RodPad)

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1