RTH HELP

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a little question may be very basic for some.
Say I flew long range and due to battery the RTH activated. With the amount of battery remain say 15% or whatever (Default settings) would the phantaom take fast flight to back to the HomeLocation ?

I was consuded say if that 15/20% battery will loose during return path ???
Please guide it may sound silly but just wanted to figure out although I am not intending to fly that far before its too late ..

The Phantom does NOT auto-fly home faster in an attempt to make it back before the battery expires. You would need to abort the RTH & assume control, and then you can manually fly her back at higher speeds. Note she will have less power & lift at such low levels, and you may need to maintain up throttle to maintain altitude. Best advice is be aware of your battery level so you will be close to home BEFORE you reach the second battery warning. Also make sure you thoroughly understand how to re-assume control from an RTH.

Thanks Dirty Bird.
I just got back my phantom without replace from vendor with little Right Yaw issue like others have in camera.
Made test flight today and not going beyond my LOS for sometime until I know I deadly need that.

But yeah you described well I will try to learn those GPS, Atti and full manual flying lessons first to get hold of phantom in any situation before I go beyond LOS.

Just to be clear: When I said "assume control" I meant as in "you are controlling the aircraft vs. RTH. I was NOT referring to the "Manual" mode which can be programmed to S1/Pos #3 when in NAZA mode. I do NOT recommend Full Manual for anyone other than advanced pilots as there are NO flight limits. In full manual there is no auto-stabilization and you can flip the Phantom completely upside down!

Oh Yes I got that point. I just quickly wrote full manual writing things in line otherwise I have no intention of full manual and do play/fun.

Agreed on your points about RTH getting control back.

When the auto Return To Home is activated the bird calculates the distance from home and the power required to get to the home location safely. I find that it usually kicks in before the first battery warning.
I could not see a situation where the battery level would get to 15% unless the auto return to home was disabled in the app or was cancelled in flight by the pilot.

Does anyone know what happens if it drops below 6 satellites while returning home?

jwegener said:
Does anyone know what happens if it drops below 6 satellites while returning home?

Without satellites, the Phantom has no idea where it is or how to get to its home point.
If you have only 6 or less sats in flight something's wrong or you are flying in a canyon or below the tree line.
Do the foil mod and if your bird has a clear horizon you should get 10+ sats most of the time.

jwegener said:
Bad things. We don't want to go there! ;)
Good news, rarely happens with a clear sky. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr