RTH function

Reaction score
I am new to phantom 3. After play with Bebop, I decide to buy Phantom 3 standard to have it go. After load the DJI go, it takes a bit time to forward and backward to get the Drone registered. Update firmware and check RTH settings is 30m. Then, I did first fly test. Look ok even it is windly. I didn't let the Drone fly high, only below 10m. and only 10m away. When I try RTH (press H on smartphone), I got notification that the original position is too far away, and two options, orginial position or current position. I did highlighted "current position" hte drone just speed up and goes to sideway torwards bush trees. I am a bit afraid and try to get control back by flip S1 switch and didn't work. So low down the drone to ground for crash landing. a few attempt, it does the same thing and it goes different "current position". Now my question is what is orginal position Phamton 3 think, the start lifting spots? it seems not. And what is "current position" it define? The GPS signal says 7 to 9 all the time. Appreciated any comment.

I think you need to fly farther than 30 meters in order to activate RTH.
Within 30 meters you are technically home already ;)

Sounds like your flying in a fairly dense area with the bushes, etc. Try going to an open field, fly several hundred feet out then try to RTH (being sure you have GPS lock and your home point is recorded upon arming the motors). Like the post mentioned above, sounds like your trying to RTH when your right next to the recorded home point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik