RTH function

Reaction score
Ok maybe I'm stupid but so be it.
Took my new 4 pro out for the first time and i tried the rth function and I'm disappointed.
On the first run it tried to land about 10-15m away, second attempt about 2m away.
It was connected to over 20 satellites.
Am i doing something wrong here?

Last edited:
Per the P4P manual, the Phantom will auto land at its current location if you initiate RTH when it's within 20 meters (65 feet) of the home point.

It isn't pinpoint accuracy either, unless you use the feature that lands by visual.

Per the P4P manual, the Phantom will auto land at its current location if you initiate RTH when it's within 20 meters (65 feet) of the home point.
I have read it but some part is difficult to understand as English isn't my first language.

You are probably right even if i thought it was further away

Here's the section of the manual I'm referring to:

Manual.jpg

I've found that it will use the visually recorded home point and land within a foot of where it took off, provided you give it a chance to "record" the home point from about 20 feet above the ground.
It should be explained in the manual, but basically you ascend straight up 20 or 30 feet and pause a bit, giving it time to record the location. Search YouTube, you can find several videos of folks testing the accuracy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1