RTH first time ever

Reaction score
Yes lol used it for the first time today. So hard to see the **** screen in sunlight I lost track of where the aircraft was.
I pressed the RTH and it came back like magic. So easy to regain control afterwards much easier than the Phantom 2. Lovely flight. Once I could see it I just turned RTH off and landed manually as usual.

Yes lol used it for the first time today. So hard to see the **** screen in sunlight I lost track of where the aircraft was.
I pressed the RTH and it came back like magic. So easy to regain control afterwards much easier than the Phantom 2. Lovely flight. Once I could see it I just turned RTH off and landed manually as usual.

I agree on the screen thing, the glare can get so bad at times. I try to block it with my body but even then it's hard to see. I ordered a anti glare screen protector online.

Just make sure you set the height appropriately and its great! Flying in the woods where I live I keep it about 120' which clears the treetops... and after flying a bit all trees look the same - so I've used it more than once myself

:)

Reactions: Jbundy63
Never flown a P3 or seen the app or anything really...but how does it differ from P2 in terms of RTH ?

Never flown a P3 or seen the app or anything really...but how does it differ from P2 in terms of RTH ?
It's pretty similar but with Lightbridge, you just about have to go behind a mountain to lose your connection.
You can initiate RTH from the app or if you lose that, you simply use the button on the controller.

Just make sure you set the height appropriately and its great! Flying in the woods where I live I keep it about 120' which clears the treetops... and after flying a bit all trees look the same - so I've used it more than once myself

:)

You don't use your map?

You don't use your map?

Yes, but still there is the wire crossed moment - looking at the map and looking at the video and your mind trusts what it sees at times more than what the map says ... which is why I've had to use RTH Sh** happens

I find the Phantom 3 so much more "grown up" than the P2. The RTH is so much easier - just a button to press and hold no mad switch flicking! And just as easy to cancel after.
The range is so much better as well. Just annoyed there is no full manual mode and the stupid height limit of 1500' above launch point.

I find the Phantom 3 so much more "grown up" than the P2. The RTH is so much easier - just a button to press and hold no mad switch flicking! And just as easy to cancel after.
The range is so much better as well. Just annoyed there is no full manual mode and the stupid height limit of 1500' above launch point.
If you really want to go higher, you probably know that you can set it to RTH mode and while its trying to return home you can go as high as you want.

They might have fixed this in the last update. Not sure. Never go that high.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik