RTH feature question

Reaction score
I guess this would apply to any model that has RTH. I am new to these t hings so bear with me. So lets say i have my RTH altitude set to say 100 feet. and HYPOTHETICALLY lets say i was on top of a mountain. and i flew down. battery life goes low and RTH engages. will the drone fly back UP and then to the 100 foot mark to return home? or would it get confused being below its starting point?

I guess this would apply to any model that has RTH. I am new to these t hings so bear with me. So lets say i have my RTH altitude set to say 100 feet. and HYPOTHETICALLY lets say i was on top of a mountain. and i flew down. battery life goes low and RTH engages. will the drone fly back UP and then to the 100 foot mark to return home? or would it get confused being below its starting point?
The DJi design engineers are pretty smart.
They figured that sometimes people might fly below their launch point and that doesn't confuse a Phantom at all (just new owners)
Your Phantom in RTH will (if below RTH height) climb to RTH height and come home.
If it is at or above RTH height, it will just come home at the altitude it is at.

Reactions: Squirrel!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20