RTH Compass Question

Reaction score
I have had my P2 ZG for about 3 weeks and 4 flights. On my last flight I flew back close to were I took off and tested the RTH feature by turning the remote off. Well it failed. It was off target by about 10'. I tried turning remote back on to regain control. Lights went from yellow to green, but I didn't regain control. I ended up having to grab it in mid air and hold it and the motors shut down. Did I acquires sats before take off YES! Both S switch was forward on remote. Any idea of what happen? Should I have been able to regain control when I turned remote on? How do you regain control when your remote off?

I then tried to take another flight and when I went up on the throttle and yaw the quad tilted forward causing blade to rub ground. Does this mean the compass need re-calibrated? Can you re-calibrated the P2 ZG anytime?

Thanks in advance!

Here's a video I watched the other day on YouTube. I don't speak the language, but this guy was smart/nice enough to make the gestures very clear.

http://youtu.be/wI6fgmuk2rM

Hope this at least helps you regain control after you initiate RTH.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

RTH is not going to land exactly where it took off. A 10 foot deviation is not terrible. There will be a margin of error inversely correlated to the number of GPS satellites that your Phantom has at the time it records its home location and when it is returning home. The compass does need to be properly calibrated for this to work but you should do that before you fly following the recommended calibration procedure.

@Fink thanks for the video. Just went out and tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl