RTH cancel failed

At this point I doubt the files will say anything other than I failed to hit the rth at all. I suspect that I either held the button down too long or not long enough.

Something similar happened to me yesterday, fortunately no trees in the way and my P3A just landed, but I couldn't cancel RTH, app also froze so I had no message.
What was weird is RTH did not cancelled from the controller but I could adjust landing with sticks!
Will have to check again RTH in safe situation!

Something similar happened to me yesterday, fortunately no trees in the way and my P3A just landed, but I couldn't cancel RTH, app also froze so I had no message.
What was weird is RTH did not cancelled from the controller but I could adjust landing with sticks!
Will have to check again RTH in safe situation!
Thanks for that. I plan some tests as well once I get it working again. Did the logs show anything?

Thanks for that. I plan some tests as well once I get it working again. Did the logs show anything?

did not check logs, nothing happened in the end
I thought I did soimething wrong when pressing button or ac and controller might be disconnected when I pressed it as I did not check and did not hit the button again when it was already landing as I was too worried about not having it land in wrong place!
I considered checking better when I read your post or I would have forgotten about it!

If you can power up the AC, ( Without the props ) Try pulling the .dat file from the AC. That will give a better look at much more data, if you care to have further review on this. See the Link below for How to do this. If you decide to pursue that, you will need to upload that .dat file to a sharable location such as Dropbox, Google Drive...etc..... There will be several files so it may be tricky to get the correct one.

How to retrieve a .DAT

I feel the best way to avoid RTH issues is to launch from a wide open space that has no obstructions within 100' AFTER carefully checking your RTH settings. I am not yet ready to trust RTH if I have to launch vertically into a small restricted space though tree cover or other obstructions. From your description, it sounded that a tree was too close to your launch point. Admittedly, there times when the ideal launch point is not available, but then you fly at your own risk.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4