RTH Altitude adjustment need help

Reaction score
I am not getting my vision+ until tomorrow, but go addicted flying my friend's the other day. My major question, I live in a very wooded area. Can the RTH function be adjusted to fly to 300 feet then RTH? also, does anyone have any advice to increase range to 4000 feet?

Firstly forget about 4000 feet until you've flown it most days for several weeks.
You can't see it by 1000 feet and it is way too easy to get dis-orientated even if the live feed to phone is working.

It is possible to set a revised home point once in the air, which would increase the return height in failsafe by a corresponding amount.
You can't adjust how far it goes up in any other way.
It doesn't just stop and hover at the reset altitude, it will continue to inch down and land - no doubt feeling rather confused - unless you take control again.

+1 to 4wd advice.

To increase range, you must fly line of sight (trees will seriously limit your range). You don't have to "see" your phantom, but your phantom has to have an unblocked "view" of your controller.

Purchase the "Boost App" on the Apple app store to increase your FPV range. Go to FPVLR.COM and purchase a P2V+ stage 2 kit. It requires some drilling and cutting, but it is well worth it to really increase FPV and control range. I'm getting close to 4000 feet of range from my P2V+

PhantomDude69 said:
Can the RTH function be adjusted to fly to 300 feet then RTH?

As 4wd said. just fly to 300', then use the S2 switch to reset your "home point". It takes a little while for that to happen, so you have to be patient and wait until the lights blink to know it's done. You can do this directly above your take off point.

When/if the RTH function kicks in, the Phantom will fly up to 366', then come home, and just slowly settle down... down... down, until it lands (or the battery runs out, in which case it crashes). Remember to do the math about the 2m/s descent rate and leave enough time for that. Lets see.... 366' = 111 meters ; divide by 2meters/second = 55 seconds to come down from that altitude.

4wd said:
It is possible to set a revised home point once in the air, which would increase the return height in failsafe by a corresponding amount.

I have tested this with Vision (non-plus) and it did set LAT and LON of the new home location, but not the altitude.

I'll suggest OP to test how his P2V+ behaves, it may depend on firmware versions.

AnselA said:
I have tested this with Vision (non-plus) and it did set LAT and LON of the new home location, but not the altitude.

I'll suggest OP to test how his P2V+ behaves, it may depend on firmware versions.

The altitude you see on your phone screen will NOT change when you reset the home point. It DOES change in the Phantom's memory. The only way you can confirm this is to actually test it, not by looking at your altitude on the screen. Re-set your home point at 100' altitude, go 100 yards away, descend to 25' and activate RTH. It will return at 166' altitude.

As far as I know, both Vision and Vision + use the exact same firmware.

doug86 said:
The only way you can confirm this is to actually test it, not by looking at your altitude on the screen. Re-set your home point at 100' altitude, go 100 yards away, descend to 25' and activate RTH. It will return at 166' altitude.

As far as I know, both Vision and Vision + use the exact same firmware.

That's how I tested, relying on my eyes to compare the return heights.

Not everybody is using exact the same version of the firmware(s).

AnselA said:
Not everybody is using exact the same version of the firmware(s).

Fair enough.

Thanks guys, certainly plan on plenty of practice before pushing it. Will test out RTH setting after airborne to see if the altitude part works. thanks for the pointer on the booster app and the stage 2 kit. the app really works? no reviews in the app store. I am also wondering if you guys use the ipad ground station?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1