Rounded or flat side towards bird.

Reaction score
I have not seen a thread on this before and I have wondered if it makes any difference.

Should the rounded side on the antennae be toward the bird or the flat side.

The flat surface should point to the bird and not the rounded end points.

Port side out, star board home.
Flat side of antennas towards the phantom bird at all times, for its best optimal connection.

RedHotPoker

Not what I meant. Maybe it's just my imagination. It seemed like one side was more rounded than the other.
When I got the P3 in Feb. I got a plastic piece to put on the antennae to keep them parallel. Now that I have taken it off
it seems the holes in it did not contact the antennae the same on both sides. Giving the illusion the antennae was not symmetrical.
When in fact it is the holes in the plastic piece.

Thanks for the reply's.

See what old age does to ya.

Slight tilt will not affect the reception and transmission, antenna position is not that critical. In general they should be parallel to the P3 antenna.

Reactions: NRJ
Not what I meant. Maybe it's just my imagination. It seemed like one side was more rounded than the other.
When I got the P3 in Feb. I got a plastic piece to put on the antennae to keep them parallel. Now that I have taken it off
it seems the holes in it did not contact the antennae the same on both sides. Giving the illusion the antennae was not symmetrical.
When in fact it is the holes in the plastic piece.

Thanks for the reply's.

See what old age does to ya.
Mine are feeling/looking symmetrical on both flat sides.
Not a raised side in the pair... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues