Rotten Egg (DJI FC200)

Reaction score
My DJI FC200 ‘Egg” has no video (again) I struggled with intermittent video now for months and tried all the tricks (including rebinding, flashing firmware, almost running it over with my 4X4) this time and nothing. It powers up, light turns green, open the DJI app, choose Camera, the ready light is now flashing green (slowly) and nada video. Frustrating. I haven’t opened it up yet and that will be my next task. My questions is (and I’ve looked around many forums) is there truly a camera (and gimbal if needed) that works with my P2 Vision that won’t break the bank. I really enjoy the FPV and kinda takes the fun out of fly it around “blind”. I did find some mods out there and with that kind of money spent, why not just buy a newer Phantom? I have also tried both of my RE500 & 700 and get the same results. So do I buy another “egg” or upgrade? What’s a mother to do? Appreciate all your help and this is a great forum! Attached Pics of my setup.

Attachments

• 20170324_052817.jpg
    20170324_052817.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 574
My DJI FC200 ‘Egg” has no video (again) I struggled with intermittent video now for months and tried all the tricks (including rebinding, flashing firmware, almost running it over with my 4X4) this time and nothing. It powers up, light turns green, open the DJI app, choose Camera, the ready light is now flashing green (slowly) and nada video. Frustrating. I haven’t opened it up yet and that will be my next task. My questions is (and I’ve looked around many forums) is there truly a camera (and gimbal if needed) that works with my P2 Vision that won’t break the bank. I really enjoy the FPV and kinda takes the fun out of fly it around “blind”. I did find some mods out there and with that kind of money spent, why not just buy a newer Phantom? I have also tried both of my RE500 & 700 and get the same results. So do I buy another “egg” or upgrade? What’s a mother to do? Appreciate all your help and this is a great forum! Attached Pics of my setup.

Strange, the egg cameras either work or they dont, there was an issue with no FPV at all on them caused by DJI, but yours was intermittent, this suggests maybe a loose board, however they are tightly fixed in place however no harm in taking it to bits and giving the boards a clean and then putting it all back together again.

I notice you have put aerials on the RE, if you have done this to both the RE units, have you tried with just the basic aerials ?

I did a teardown video on the camera here

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj