Rotors Unprotected?

Reaction score
All of the images that I have seen of the Phantoms on the DJI website show that the rotors are unprotected, or out in the open.

But I have seen a few images that show a Phantom type drone with protected rotors. For example this:

Drone-620x376.png

Is this an accessory of some sort? Or is it a mod? Or something completely different?

Make sure you get the prop guards from DJI, there are knock offs, but the DJI ones are the best. They are worth the money and effort to me. Crashed into a lot of stuff, and they've protected my props well. Also works well for the tip over on landing/takeoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crutches ? Really ?
I have a F450 and the vision , wished the 450 had them.
I feel a little safer flying around other people and my little grandaughter.
Also saves the props if you wack something.
I also spent 8 months out of work when my 30 size heli blades broke my hand and I ended up with 3 pins in it. my fault,being stupid, but you never know

.Quadzilla. said:
Those crutches add weight and windage which reduce flying time.

Once you learn how to fly and remove them make sure that you use the original motor screws vs. the longer ones that ship with the prop guards. If you don't you will roast your motors.

Yeah I agree Quadzilla .... never used them, I dont fly round children, I dont crash and dont tip over when landing or taking off ?? ...
hell even when I was a kid I pulled the training wheels off my first bike the same day .... :twisted:

Mori55 said:
Must be nice to be perfect !

??? am not perfect at all, and have never or would have claimed to be so ??? ... I just dont go through life wrapped in cotton wool being a *****, I just get into it ......if people need training wheels or protection thats fine, I just dont see the need .... I work hard and dont feel buying a $15 dollar set of props is a big deal IF I ever did break any.

Also, seems like the props guards just add extra rotorwash instability. Seen quite a few rotorwash crashes on youtube and a disproportionate amount of them have prop guards on.

So I'm a *****? I've been a ironworker for 40 years, so I don't think I'm a *****.
And I'm not a safety nut. But I don't think I if someone wants to use propguards their a ***** or using a crutch , or training wheels.
Maybe somebody likes the way they look or want to prectect their props , doesn't mean their using a crutch. I don't like wearing a helmet riding my motorcycle, but I don't think your a ***** if you do.

Never used them and never will, don't need the extra added weight, besides if you round off the leading edges of your props, they will greatly reduce the chance of lacerations. I have yet to break a stock set of props, smacked into my leg, hit many things and bent one(straighten it back out) and I still used them for most of my flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.