Rotorpixel gimbal - UK thread

Reaction score
Hi all.

Yes, I'm aware that there's 'universal' thread on here regarding the gimbal for the P2V, but I thought I'd post something up here that deals with UK customers' experience in terms of:
a) Length of time taken to receive gimbal
b) Reliability of postage methods from Canada

So, with that in mind, let me post a hypothetical question:
If I were to order to gimbal today from Rotorpixel, what sort of timescale am I looking at for UK delivery? What have been people's experience on here? Also, does anyone recommend upgrading to the gold standard delivery from Canada? Will this make one bit of difference?

I've done a search on here regarding this, but there doesn't seem to be anything specific, hence the new topic.

Thanks in advance!

R

I used the 7 day option, it took more like 14 and the tracking was useless...
Then I found that if you use the canada post track number in USPS you get more info..
Once in UK tracking was useless, as usual....
But hey, it arrived, packing still pristine!

gpauk said:
I used the 7 day option, it took more like 14 and the tracking was useless...
Then I found that if you use the canada post track number in USPS you get more info..
Once in UK tracking was useless, as usual....
But hey, it arrived, packing still pristine!
Thanks, gpauk.

How long did it take from when you ordered it until it was delivered?

I ordered mine and paid for it on the 28th March, and I am order #2997 I also paid for 7day delivery, and reckon I am about two to three weeks away if they are still doing 100 a week and shipping customs etc.
I think it will be worth the wait..? As there is not a real quality alternative plug and play one out there.
The swedish one appears to be behind
http://visiongimbal.com as nothing has been heard from them for a couple of months.

C'mon rotopixel get my gimble here it's needed in the uk as we have windy windy weather lol :)

I think delivery may be slightly quicker now as they have cleared the backlog and dealt with some issues. I was 658 and mine was posted on 10th May so will see how long it takes and I paid for 7 day shipping but the tracking tells you sod all !

Ordered mine Feb 26th but knew there would be a long wait given pre orders etc.

No idea what the order numbers are up to now.

;)

No I didnt will give it a go, at the moment it just says collected !

:shock:

Thanks people! I will order mine today and cross my fingers...

It must be a good product for this company to have the problem of not being able to keep up with demand. I'm sure they're run ragged, but it's better that than twiddling thumbs.

I ordered March 30 and I am #2994. Going on seven weeks now so hopefully sometime in the next two weeks.

Think on 994 you might be nearer 4 weeks at a guess

Tracking is a pointless waste of time, the status of "collected" has not moved and the link does not work in USPS either !

:roll:

So my number is #3270.

I'm taking bets as to how long people think it will take to get to Scotland!

Stufft said:
ronofcam said:
So my number is #3270.

I'm taking bets as to how long people think it will take to get to Scotland!

Shortly after I get mine, I'm #3117 :D

You two will have to use the mayan calendar for those numbers !!.....by the time you get yours the phantom will be a museum piece ! :shock:

Ordered on day one, paid for 24 hour delivery. UK customs sat on it for 10 days until I finally got on 17 April along with:

Import VAT £46.05
Clearance Fee £13.50

Total bill £59.55

Issues with Jello until I balanced the RP, dialed in the least worst jello turns (6 3/4) and stuck 4 brand new blades. Issues with synching a poor PFV & telemetry since then. Looking to buy combi antenna... :arrow:

Thats crap isnt it - you pay for quick shipping then those gits at customs sit on it until they can guarantee it isnt full of heroin !!

:roll:

Bump.

#3270 still looking a looooong way off for my order. Anyone got any updates on UK deliveries?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj