Rotorpixel Gimbal-Can't stay in air

Reaction score
I just installed a Rotorpixel gimbal on my Phantom 2 vision. I can get the copter in the air for about 30 seconds and then it starts to come back to the ground. It is like the gimbal is too heavy. No matter how hard I try the copter won't gain altitude.

Any suggestions on what is going on and how to fix it.

Can you force it back up? Some have mentioned needing to increase gain settings in the assistant software to compensate. After the install did you re calibrate the IMU and compass? That's a given I suspect.

Geo

Geoelectro said:
Can you force it back up? Some have mentioned needing to increase gain settings in the assistant software to compensate. After the install did you re calibrate the IMU and compass? That's a given I suspect.

Geo

I can not force it back up. Basically, it crashes. I did recalibrate the compass. The gain is set at 200% any recommendation on how much to increase it by?

I haven't messed with my gains so I don't know what to tell you. I am able to fly mine normally with the RP except it is somewhat more sluggish or less nimble. I've only had three flights until my phantom developed other problems. I should be back up next week and can get more familiar with how the gimbal affects the overall operation. I believe I got about 16 minutes until 18% battery. The video is amazing...

Geo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav