Rotor failure

Reaction score
Month old Phantom. Single rotor stopped working. When battery is connected all lights on all 4 rotors flash identically. However, when the rotors are started, three turn on and spin normally with lights underneath lit, the 4th rotor only jerks back and forth, and the light underneath does not light.

Anyone seen this problem before or suggest a cause or solution?

Can you move by hand ? Something might be stuck inside like the c clip from the bottom of the prop rod . If not you got to pull the top off the bird and look for bad connection check all the wiring

Yes, prop guards were on. It does move by hand and does not feel any different from the other three props that work. The part that I find confusing is that the related prop light works when the battery is plugged in, but does not turn on when the rotors are started from the transmitter. Three props and lights turn on, the 4th rotor just ticks back and forth slowly and the light does not come on. I'll look again at the rotor to see if there is some debris in there, and all the wiring looks fine. I'm wondering about the main NAZA chip (red). I'm thinking of unplugging this rotor and plugging it into the other working rotor that turns the same direction and see if the opposite rotor starts doing this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4