Rotopixel gimbal tilting?

Reaction score
Noticed something tonight while flying when I go forward and my gimbal tilts it doesnt seem to go back to level when I level out the phantom, not sure if this makes sense or not, but if I have my camera at level and then fly forward I have to scroll my camera up a bit as its not all the way up again, so when camera is sitting level when I go forward and stop its not level again but pointing a bit down and have to scroll it up again to the level position, anyone experience this?

Noticed something tonight while flying when I go forward and my gimbal tilts it doesnt seem to go back to level when I level out the phantom, not sure if this makes sense or not, but if I have my camera at level and then fly forward I have to scroll my camera up a bit as its not all the way up again, so when camera is sitting level when I go forward and stop its not level again but pointing a bit down and have to scroll it up again to the level position, anyone experience this?
Yep and just thought it was normal and ya just adjust for it Squid.
I mean mine's not to bad but have noticed that all the time I have had mine .

never noticed that before tho, did notice another thing tonight too, I always keep my phantom in my case with the props on and went and fired up the phantom tonight and the props were hitting on the body, I guess with putting it in the case the props get pushed down all the time and in the last little while ive noticed a slight wobble in the phantom when hovering probably the props being bent down ever so slightly im assuming is causing the wobble, props are coming off now when stored in case

never noticed that before tho, did notice another thing tonight too, I always keep my phantom in my case with the props on and went and fired up the phantom tonight and the props were hitting on the body, I guess with putting it in the case the props get pushed down all the time and in the last little while ive noticed a slight wobble in the phantom when hovering probably the props being bent down ever so slightly im assuming is causing the wobble, props are coming off now when stored in case
:eek: That's not good at all bro !! I would ...if mine ...trash those and get new ones and not leave them on in your case !
I have just over 1/4" at the tips of my props !
prop.jpg

ya thats what I was thinking...hey this thing with my camera was just playing around with it in the house heres what it does, I turned on the controller turned on the phantom scrolled my camera wheel all the way up as high as it goes which when looking at it from the front is level, now while holding the phantom at eye level and tilting the phantom towards me as if its going forward and then tilting it back so that its level again my camera tilts down a bit to the point where I have to scroll it up again, it doesnt do this when tilting it back, it returns to level when I do it that way just tilts down when I tilt the phantom forwards, what can be causing this

ya thats what I was thinking...hey this thing with my camera was just playing around with it in the house heres what it does, I turned on the controller turned on the phantom scrolled my camera wheel all the way up as high as it goes which when looking at it from the front is level, now while holding the phantom at eye level and tilting the phantom towards me as if its going forward and then tilting it back so that its level again my camera tilts down a bit to the point where I have to scroll it up again, it doesnt do this when tilting it back, it returns to level when I do it that way just tilts down when I tilt the phantom forwards, what can be causing this
Don't know and mine does it to . Has to be in one of the settings but I seem to mess up more in them trying to fix something so I just deal with it with the wheel . I mostly just take pictures but it still a pain huh !!

Don't know and mine does it to . Has to be in one of the settings but I seem to mess up more in them trying to fix something so I just deal with it with the wheel . I mostly just take pictures but it still a pain huh !!
Update/ Well Squid I just went out and tried something and see I told ya wrong .
In a hover in front of me I put the camera straight up as it would go . I then went backwards from me as hard as it would go for a few hundred feet
and then came back the same way . I stopped it in front of me and looked at the camera and scrolled the wheel up and the camera was up !
Told ya wrong :( Have you tried doing the calibration to the RPG lately ?

If i hover mine in front of me with the camera being all the way up (level) then go backwards and stop and hover camera is good camera is still level but if i go forwards starting with the camera being all the way up (level) then stop and hover camera is now pointing slightly down and have to scroll it back up yo get it to where it was before i started going forwards..... It only does this while going forwards not backwards

Went into the RC assistant i know i said i would never go in there and calibrated it in there will try it out this weekend see if it made any difference or not

If i hover mine in front of me with the camera being all the way up (level) then go backwards and stop and hover camera is good camera is still level but if i go forwards starting with the camera being all the way up (level) then stop and hover camera is now pointing slightly down and have to scroll it back up yo get it to where it was before i started going forwards..... It only does this while going forwards not backwards
Just messed with mine in the reg assistant and set mine back from 20.00 to 0 and it works fine when in your hand ! :eek:
gains.jpg

Hey thanks Dirk could take another snap of those settings could ya tried to see the aettings on there but they were blurry couldnt read them
I will be in there later and will buddy but the one's that I changed were the 2 middle ones . They were 20.00 and now thet 00.00
Try that and see if that don't fix it.. Will take another pic shortly though and put it up as I have to go back in and do an advan cal .

Hey thanks Dirk could take another snap of those settings could ya tried to see the aettings on there but they were blurry couldnt read them
OK . This is the setting's I use . Works for me but might not for you . Try them and see if they do .
FullSizeRender.jpg

I have my pitch at 5 and that's the speed I like and the gains should make yours do right . Hopefully !

Hey Dirk My good friend, those settings worked perfectly when holding the phantom and tilting it now with those settings the camera works like it should it doesnt point down no more when tilting the phantom forward, Thanks buddy, Im a happy Camper hahahahaha.....Hey forgot to mention to you got the lens adaptor and lens today, thanks again my friend.....heading out to the lake tomorrow night to do some camping till sunday so maybe monday gonna try and install it, gonna take the phantom out to the lake hopefully get some nice video, will post some when we get back....Have a super great weekend my friend and thanks again......

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey Dirk My good friend, those settings worked perfectly when holding the phantom and tilting it now with those settings the camera works like it should it doesnt point down no more when tilting the phantom forward, Thanks buddy, Im a happy Camper hahahahaha.....Hey forgot to mention to you got the lens adaptor and lens today, thanks again my friend.....heading out to the lake tomorrow night to do some camping till sunday so maybe monday gonna try and install it, gonna take the phantom out to the lake hopefully get some nice video, will post some when we get back....Have a super great weekend my friend and thanks again......
Hey Squid..ya like my new bird ?
new bird.jpg

With that filter on ya know what ya have
to do right ?

Last edited:
Okay like i did before when mine wouldnt stay whereever i put it.....got ya
I had to slide the camera holder back and then after that I had to calibrate it .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.