Rotate batteries?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 4 batteries and would like your thoughts on whether I should rotate them or use the one by one.

Do you think it matters one way or another?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why'd you bother to own more than one battery then?

The P3P came in a bundle with an extra battery and the other 2 were gifts.

I have 4 batteries and fly with all of them in one outing, could really do with a couple more..

Reactions: Excavator99
Wow, I usually don't get that much time to fly before it gets dark. Maybe I will try night flying.

I was thinking about this today. I have only 1 battery right now but will be getting 2 next week. I currently charge- fly- charge- fly maybe 3 or 4 times the day i fly. I believe rotating them is the best way to go. I have seen other forum members have their batteries labeled 1,2,3... I too will do this and just go right down the line until i run out and then spend the day charging them while i download photos and video.

I recommend using them all equally. I'd also recommend labeling them. I have mine labeled 1 through 4 so I use them all equally. If I go out I might use 1 first, then 2, etc. If I've usd 2 batteries and then go to another location I easily know to start with 3. Also, if something goes wrong with one you know which it is or if you need to deep cycle one you know which one.

I have four and rotate them. I also keep a running record of each of them re cell balance, etc.
Whats your records look like are using spread sheet or something?

No, I don't keep a record of them but I probably should. The battery life on the first one has dropped to 93% after 21 cycles.

Sign up with Healthy Drones (free) upload your flight logs and it will track it all. Number your batteries and rotate them. Match the battery numbers to the correct battery file in HD after you upload your logs. You can edit the info which makes it easy. Healthy Drones is a must to keep your bird tip top.

No, I don't keep a record of them but I probably should. The battery life on the first one has dropped to 93% after 21 cycles.

Have you done the discharge to 8% after 20cycles yet? As per the dji manual.
Doing this should bring your battery up to 100% health - it did for mine & also sorted out cell voltages

Doing this should bring your battery up to 100% health - it did for mine & also sorted out cell voltages

I just did it but it didn't reset the battery life. Should I be concerned?

Really? I've deep-discharged two batteries and both times it's given me better cell balance, but neither time did it change the "percentage of life" of the battery. Both showed 93% before and after the deep discharge.

I log all flights and battery use. This way I know when it's time to do the Deep Discharge to recalibrate the battery.

It's a good idea to number and rotate your batteries so they get equal use. Also if you start having issues you may be able to tie it to a single battery and remove it from service that way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik