Rose are Red but the Sky ain't Blue

Reaction score
What would be the best camera setting/addon to get blue sky and green grass?
Because now when filming 4K with my P3P, the sky ain't really blue and the grass ain't really green.

I'm using SRP ND8/CP filter. The CP filter really makes the sky pop when adjust the manual camera settings. I'm sure any nd filter would provide this...IMO

Camera settings
0 or -3 ( I haven't figured out how to set this)

Log mode for post...
Custom
Sharpness -1
Contrast -1
(Can't remember this... but set to 0)

I'm using SRP ND8/CP filter. The CP filter really makes the sky pop when adjust the manual camera settings. I'm sure any nd filter would provide this...IMO

I have the same filter, made a big difference.

with filter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

same park, no filter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Bigdz

I'm a little worried about the weight of that thing. Do you use any kind of counterbalance weight?

I'm a little worried about the weight of that thing. Do you use any kind of counterbalance weight?

I also use the SRP's and they are by far my ND/CP filter choice. The glass quality make these optically superior to anything out there. The weight is not an issue for me. No noticeable (visible or audible) signs of gimbal stress, hibernation, hum, drift of level issues. Gimbal still does a quick successful auto calibration. The CP's are absolutely incredible in regards to sky color and minimizing reflections. Not only with water but the shininess of leaves and grass.

Reactions: Bigdz
I was worried to but I can tell you the gimbal has no problem handling the weight and my horizon is as straight as can be with it on!
I recommend it!

I forgot to mention I have no counter balance on gimbal. I wouldn't even think of doing such a thing

I also use the SRP's and they are by far my ND/CP filter choice. The glass quality make these optically superior to anything out there. The weight is not an issue for me. No noticeable (visible or audible) signs of gimbal stress, hibernation, hum, drift of level issues. Gimbal still does a quick successful auto calibration. The CP's are absolutely incredible in regards to sky color and minimizing reflections. Not only with water but the shininess of leaves and grass.

Ok thanks for the info.
One last thing: most of the time will the SRP ND8/CP filter be enough or should I think of buying the ND16 also?

Ok thanks for the info.
One last thing: most of the time will the SRP ND8/CP filter be enough or should I think of buying the ND16 also?
The ND8 will be your workhorse filter for sure. BUT.... surprisingly I've found the ND16 a must have for full noon to mid-day sun. A couple days a ago I was shooting in full sun with the ND16. At 24fps it kept the shutter speed right at 50 to 100-ish. Perfect. The ND8 couldn't have done this as it's simply not dark enough.

Try the "beach" style under camera settings. This is from this morning: none - beach.

Attachments

• 1435347758978.jpg
    1435347758978.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 1435347770458.jpg
    1435347770458.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 285

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads