P3 Firmware Root of SD card

Reaction score
First i am new very new. I did a firmware update because in the DJI GO app it said update . I read the how to really didnt understand it but tried . On my laptop i downloaded the zip file then unzipped the file then copied it to the SD card. In the SD card i had the DCIM file and i had the unzipped file. That didnt work. Then i deleted the unzipped file opened the DCIM file nothing was there so i put it there. Turned the Aircraft on and in the DJI GO App it said it was updated. Now the question is did i do this correctly???. And exactly where and how do you get to the "Root" inside the SD card.

Hi,

No problem. We were all very new at some point. You actually did it right the first time. The "root" of the SD card is the top most directory on the card. It is where you start when you put the card in your laptop. You don't want to put the firmware file in a folder, as the drone will not find it.

There are videos online that show you what to expect during the update, just so you know what to look out for. Don't be impatient and know what visual and auditory cues to look out for. You don't want to pull out the card or power down the drone while a firmware update is taking place.

I'd like to add a point. The saying,"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Is something to consider. I've done both ways. Updated one (I have three) OK, one had every update problem out there , never flew again and became parts. The third I never touched and is still flying fine after two years. Go have fun with it for a week and then, when you get bored, tinker with it.

Reactions: Daz1965
First i am new very new. I did a firmware update because in the DJI GO app it said update . I read the how to really didnt understand it but tried . On my laptop i downloaded the zip file then unzipped the file then copied it to the SD card. In the SD card i had the DCIM file and i had the unzipped file. That didnt work. Then I deleted the unzipped file opened the DCIM file nothing was there so I put it there. Turned the Aircraft on and in the DJI GO App it said it was updated. Now the question is did i do this correctly???. And exactly where and how do you get to the "Root" inside the SD card.
Hi in general root just means not in a folder or partition os if the file was say drag and dropped onto the sd card icon, it would be in root of the sd card that's what I did and it took a very long time and made some very strange sounds but on the p3s there is a small led that flashes on the top part of the gimble assembly it must go solid green sd card was put in the top of the camera. my best daz

Reactions: quaddamage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20