Roof landing followed by abnormal compass

Reaction score
I've only had my P3A for a couple of weeks, I thought I'd try and land the drone on the roof of the house (I don't know why I wanted to do this so bad but there we go), it landed fine but to my horror I got an 'Abnormal compass' error and so couldn't take off again, I tried switching to ATTI but the app still wouldn't let me auto take off! The roof is fibreglass and I can't think of any metal that sits underneath it, as soon as I retrieved the drone from the roof (another story alltogether) the compass was fine and didn't even want a calibration again.

Any ideas what could have caused this other than some metal being underneath it, no aerials or sat dishes on the roof either....running latest firmware for both controller + drone and did the standard calibration before flying.. cheers

What ever it is it has to be Ferrous in nature.

Nails???

It does sound unusual. The best would be to try and replicate the error/message again.

In hindsight I should have taken the controller on the roof with me and had a play but I'm not good with heights so it was a grab and dash job without thinking lol. Thanks for reply, was just interested to see if it was me being stupid/missing something rather than assuming it was just a ferromagnetic material underneath.

In hindsight I should have taken the controller on the roof with me and had a play but I'm not good with heights so it was a grab and dash job without thinking lol. Thanks for reply, was just interested to see if it was me being stupid/missing something rather than assuming it was just a ferromagnetic material underneath.
I dont know but I thought the craft would have to be level to start up. I was reading thats the trouble taking off from a boat.

I dont know but I thought the craft would have to be level to start up. I was reading thats the trouble taking off from a boat.
Ive taken off from my roof, no issues. I did try to take off from the roof of my car, that did not work and i got compass errors (presuming from the metal). Landing on my car roof worked fine though.

Try it again but don't use auto-take-off

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik