Rolling shutter with Pix4D

Reaction score
I recently noticed a posting on the Pix4D site (12/16) that recommended using the rolling shutter setting in processing for better accuracy when using the Phantom camera. The difference in accuracy of the GCPs is dramatic. I have been flying large missions on city streets at 100' agl for engineering studies. The new acccuracy is remarkable.

Here is the link to the article.
Rolling Shutter Correction - Pix4D

Here is the link to how to implement the rolling shutter setting.
How to correct for the Rolling Shutter Effect

Reactions: Bigriver
Thanks for posting. This is very interesting stuff and in need of investigating for sure.

So, the rolling shutter correction may be helpful for images shot while the A/C is moving. That said, if someone shot a project using Pix4DCapture in “Safe” mode, which stops the A/C at each photo location (or any other app which stops for photos), does the correction help the results? Initially I would not think so.

However, I reprocessed a couple projects that were shot in “Safe” mode and statistically, and the results looked better. Not sure why, but I still need time to digest all that data and the results report.

Much to consider and very interesting. Thanks for helping us keep up with a quickly evolving technology.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers