roll motor came aparton from camera P3S

Reaction score
As I pulled the camera lens protector off of the Camera today , It like pulled the camera off of the roll motor. I was able to re attach it, but it like didn't click in place or anything, which now makes me worry. Does anyone have experience with this part? on how it attaches or something? it seemed to pull off of the motor pretty easily. it took a bit to get the gimble re calibrated but I did not fly it after seeing this. Thank you for any advice or help.

To the best of my knowledge, there are 2 points that hold it together.
1) The roll motor has a pin sticking out the front, that should have some resistance where it goes into the hole in the silver metal cup (stator?)
2) The major hold though is magnetically. The magnet should make it hard to separate.

Thank you mdowney58. There is a pin in the center there. It is hard to see the small parts ill tell you . It seems back together now, but ill need to wait until it stops raining to get it outside to fly . Take it easy and gauge the gimble from there .

FYI. The pin in the center should be very snug, but will still be allowed to turn when forced.
If you remove the rear cover of the roll motor, you'll see that the opposite end of the motor shaft (the back end) has a flat side. That flat side should be lined up at the top, and perfectly aligned with the flat top of the camera.
I've never done it, but if they are not aligned, I've read here that you can remove the roll motor board, and turn the shaft while holding the camera to get them aligned.
If the little pin doesn't have enough resistance, it can turn when it shouldn't, and allow the camera's horizon to get out of alignment.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic