Roll Call: which country are you located in?

Reaction score
I am Tom and I am located in Southern California, USA.

You?

Reactions: BigAl07
Even gets ya on the map , Phantom Pilots Member Map :)

All this time and I've never seen this map before LOL! Man I gotta start paying more attention around here.

As a side note.... if members would put their LOCATION in on their Profile Section it would help a LOT and might even make it easier to answer certain "geographically oriented questions" from time to time.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yea that had moved back several pages so much is posted .
Location as well as what you fly would really be good .
Some of us do and you know the rest :)

@dirkclod

This is dangerous The Phantom Pilots Member Map gives away one's position with way too much accuracy. I can think of a thousand reasons this should not exist or be posted. Please remove that link.

The second link is great. I hadn't seen it. Please delete this thread and we will focus on the existing one.

Dangerous? Exactly how is your location on there dangerous?

As a side note.... my location "pinned" on the map is off by about 25 miles or so. I guess "globally" speaking it's accurate.

I'm pretty sure the information on that make is 100% voluntary or I would think it is because we have a LOT more members than what are showing on the map.

Dangerous? Exactly how is your location on there dangerous?

As a side note.... my location "pinned" on the map is off by about 25 miles or so. I guess "globally" speaking it's accurate.

I'm pretty sure the information on that make is 100% voluntary or I would think it is because we have a LOT more members than what are showing on the map.

I wouldn't want my position advertised to an audience comprised of a good portion of members in these forums: you read how they think and how misguided their take on life is.
The most dangerous ones are the lurkers and groopies whom never post anything. :)

Jokes aside, I think advertising your position this accurately is a mistake, even within 25 miles (that's because it is your closest ISP node for your connection btw).

This was never disclosed at sign up and I want to opt out.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want my position advertised to an audience comprised of a good portion of members in these forums: you read how they think and how misguided their take on life is.
The most dangerous ones are the lurkers and groopies whom never post anything. :)

This was never disclosed at sign up and I want to opt out.

I "think" you have to Opt-In but I could be mistaken.

@dirkclod

This is dangerous The Phantom Pilots Member Map gives away one's position with way too much accuracy. I can think of a thousand reasons this should not exist or be posted. Please remove that link.

The second link is great. I hadn't seen it. Please delete this thread and we will focus on the existing one.
I didn't make that map ,it was already post way back I just showed ya .
Someone needs to post in it to bring it back up to have that member update it .
You want this Regional Meet-Ups deleted also .
And yes you are correct BigA . You just post in it if you want to . A member made it not anyone in the forum staff .

And yes you are correct BigA . You just post in it if you want to . A member made it not anyone in the forum staff .

Yep page #1 post #16.

You Opt-In by leaving your information in that thread in the "correct format". I would guess you could say ,"This is my information but I don't want on the map."

Reactions: 28wins

Understood @dirkclod

Oddly enough, I see my position on it in the form of a Blue Dot and I didn't choose to post in it. So participation is not voluntary, which it should be of course.

That dot is most likely from someone else if you did not post in that thread . The forum didn't do it .
You started this thread
Roll Call: where are you located?
I just showed you one that already was here .

Good.

As for this thread, there is a difference between stating I am in "Southern California" and showing your location within even 50 miles. What if I didn't leave in a densely populated area but in Idaho on 200 acres? Much easier to locate then.
Can't give away your position on the Internet. It is not safe.

Finally the intent of this thread is:

We have members and visitors from all over the world. It would be nice to get a *general* sense of where everyone is.
I should have worded this thread differently and asked which country are you located in?
I will change the title.

Just saw your post @BigAl07

Thank you very much.

Understood @dirkclod

Oddly enough, I see my position on it in the form of a Blue Dot and I didn't choose to post in it. So participation is not voluntary, which it should be of course.

I've scoured that map and I can't find you (28wins) or even a blue dot period. Blue Dot isn't one of the options for any of the aircraft etc on the list.

Could it be that Google is possibly showing your home/current position of where you're browsing the internet from?

Reactions: 28wins
Yes, I believe that is correct: the Blue Dot I see is my location but it is only visible to me then.

That's much better!

Thank you so much for spending the time to do this bud.

Yes, I believe that is correct: the Blue Dot I see is my location but it is only visible to me then.

That's much better!

Thank you so much for spending the time to do this bud.
My pleasure. I should be working but I was perplexed by the Blue Dot aspect of the whole thing. What's really funny is I don't even SEE a blue dot for my location. Maybe it's my browser, OS, or network settings here in my office. Who knows?

Have a good one.

:) Earlier I was on my iPhone when I clicked that first link Dirk posted. I have given GPS access to Google Maps and Apple Maps in the OS.

On the computer, I have disable Location Services for all except for the Find My Mac service.

Have you tried from your phone?
Now I am curious.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub