ROLL CALL: People Who have experienced P3P 1.2.6 firmware Issues - To be Sent to DJI "Customer Svc"

Reaction score
I decided to start a thread to see exactly which users have experienced issues when upgrading to P3P Firmware 1.2.6. We know DJI monitors these boards. I am going to do one better and send this thread to the all star team at DJI. These issues include some or all of the following:

Ultrasonic System Error: Please Land As Soon As Possible
Vertical drifting ascending and descending, while off stick
Instability/Inability to hold GPS lock
Erratic flying behavior
Toilet bowling
Shaking

Some people have been asking if they should upgrade from 1.1.9 (No, duh). Some have accused that this is a completely isolated incident experienced by an insignificant number of us. I believe that to be completely untrue, and am committed to forcing DJI to take accountability. It is well within the capability of a billion dollar company to empower their customer service employees to send out a firmware file that can revert or reinstall the current firmware revision, at their discretion, to negatively affected customers. By not doing so they are directly responsible for damage to our Phantoms, people, and property when these quads start wrecking due to this software issue.

Please, if you are someone who has experienced performance issues after switching to 1.2.6, drop a quick line and chime in. Let's let our voice be heard.

I am going to do one better and send this thread to the all star team at DJI.
By not doing so they are directly responsible for damage to our Phantoms, people, and property when these quads start wrecking due to this software issue..
Good luck with that. DJI know only too well about the issues and they are working at a fix.
The kind of issues being encountered are relatively minor and it should be fine to fly without fear of damage to Phantoms, people, and property.

My P3 was perfect. Then after doing the most recent update I ended up with the following issues...

*Gimbal not communicating with R/C
*VPS
*Video Display Flickers
*Error Message- "com.google.process.gapps"
*Radio Channel Quality message appears rotating between Poor & Good
*Error Message- Strong Interference, please be cautious in long distance flight
*Error Message- Reception Interference do not fly long distances

Out of the 7 issues above the only one DJI has been successful at helping with thus far is the 1st one concerning the Gimbal. The cure for it was to uninstall App/ then Reinstall/ then Calibrate Gimbal.

Reactions: Ari and TulsaReiner
Good luck with that. DJI know only too well about the issues and they are working at a fix.
The kind of issues being encountered are relatively minor and it should be fine to fly without fear of damage to Phantoms, people, and property.

I must beg to differ. It is erratic and the drifting is unpredictable and also does not register on the altitude reading. Also the shaking causes significant stress on the gimbal motors. The shaking can also really throw off the gyro in the NAZA. Again, I believe it's well within their capability to allow Customer Service to AT LEAST send out a firmware file on a case by case basis that will allow the reinstall of 1.2.6. If you try to reload 1.2.6 the process will abort since it detects the firmware on the Phantom.

The only way to wipe the firmware as of yet is to open the shell and jump the Naza. We shouldn't be forced to decide between voiding the warranty or sending it in for 6 weeks, at our own expense for shipping.

Reactions: TulsaReiner
I think DJI is aware of this issues... still this thread would be better as a poll than as a free text discussion...

My P3 was perfect. Then after doing the most recent update I ended up with the following issues...

*Gimbal not communicating with R/C
*VPS
*Video Display Flickers
*Error Message- Reception Interference do not fly long distances

Out of the 7 issues above the only one DJI has been successful at helping with thus far is the 1st one concerning the Gimbal. The cure for it was to uninstall App/ then Reinstall/ then Calibrate Gimbal.

I am experiencing these too! Better yet "was" as I have been forced to ground my P3P

I think DJI is aware of this issues... still this thread would be better as a poll than as a free text discussion...

They are most definitely aware, it's action that is missing. Their technician advice to send it in or turn VPS off and recalibrate IMU is BS. They should be telling people we screwed up and unfortunately you have to wait for us to fix our mistake, or wait for us to allow you to reinstall the firmware.

Good point about the Poll format. I agree with that.

@Meta4 have you been around one of the P3s which behave as described? Mine has had all those symptoms... Some times as bad as a drunken sailor...

They are most definitely aware, it's action that is missing. Their technician advice to send it in or turn VPS off and recalibrate IMU is BS. They should be telling people we screwed up and unfortunately you have to wait for us to fix our mistake, or wait for us to allow you to reinstall the firmware.

Good point about the Poll format. I agree with that.

Yeah not really disagreeing on my point of whether they know or not... or disagreeing on whether they should fix it or not. I have just been on the cutting edge of a lot of technology and don't get too bent out of shape over it (that might just be me). I kind of expect them to screw up once in a while trying to make this thing do the amazing stuff it does... I wish they were better at communicating though. Just tell us "yes - we know about issues A,B,C and D and we're working on a solution" - that would be better than the void we're often left with...

I am experiencing these too! Better yet "was" as I have been forced to ground my P3P

I have not flown mine since making a claim with DJI support and the response was for me to call the phone tech's and get a RMA and ship them my quad.

I feel like since I no absolutely NO issues whatsoever prior to the last update that the update itself was corrupt and needs to be reloaded or a newer update. So because the P3P's firmware can not be loaded with a older version or same version, I will wait and see the out come of the next update. There is no way I will ship my quad and be without for 7-8 weeks for them to just reload the firmware.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that there was NO real reason for the last update. As you can see in the list below.

I had zero issues with my quad. I never heard ANYONE complain of something not working as it should.

We always had the option to go back to a older firmware version, and now we do not.

I more then likely could have cured my issue myself had I had the option to load a older version and then the new version.

Firmware 1.2.6 change Log
1. Anti-distortion feature added for images and non-4K videos.
2.Various bug fixes.

My issues are
VPS
Poor Remote signal in non built up areas
Error Message- "com.google.process.gapps"

Although I have up to 18 satellites odd connected, it behaves very erratically as if it only has a couple.

Perhaps we should all upload our DAT files and video etc to the same dropbox? I was supposed to hear back after spending almost an entire day doing what DJI asked. I should hear back tomorrow.

After seeing the video footage, I was told not to fly it.

Its funny that I logged a call with them RE the VPS issues over a week ago and have only had the automatic response back, logged a call at the same time about a battery problem on a P2 and have quite a decent conversation with them via email.

I would have hoped for confirmation that the problem is known and to expect a fix in X days.

Here are the issues I have had since the firmware update:

VPS not working properly
Unstable hover under 10 feet
Ultrasonic Errors
Gimbal Motor Overload

You guys that mention your quad flying all over the place or not stable while hovering,....has any of you turned off the VPS and flown without it on?

Mine flew crazy but disabling the VPS took care of it. No the quad does not fly as well as when the VPS is on under normal conditions, but it is flyable with VPS off.

Turning VPS off got rid of the Ultrasonic System Error. The erratic flying issues have continued with it off. There is no difference in performance with it on or off in my case. If it were that simple I don't believe there would be such a fuss. My P3P is not safe to fly.

Yeah not really disagreeing on my point of whether they know or not... or disagreeing on whether they should fix it or not. I have just been on the cutting edge of a lot of technology and don't get too bent out of shape over it (that might just be me). I kind of expect them to screw up once in a while trying to make this thing do the amazing stuff it does... I wish they were better at communicating though. Just tell us "yes - we know about issues A,B,C and D and we're working on a solution" - that would be better than the void we're often left with...

Actually, that is what Tahoe Ed is for. Once upon a time....It was thought that Ed was to bridge the gap between the internet users and DJI. I'm guessing now he would say he has a different agenda, and maybe someone else now is suppose to have the responsibility?

Earlier this year I reached out to Tahoe Ed which is something I almost never ever do. I got nearly instant responses back from Ed when I was 1st asking him about his position with working for DJI. Once I knew he was the man that could help me in my situation, I filled him in with a little info only to never hear from him again. I realized I made a mistake reaching out to Ed and I must of had his position with the company all wrong. Maybe Ed can let us know who the person is we can turn to every now & then instead of having to call a Phone Tech that generally don't have the answers? A DJI Service & Support Rep would be great.

Turning VPS off got rid of the Ultrasonic System Error. The erratic flying issues have continued with it off. There is no difference in performance with it on or off in my case. If it were that simple I don't believe there would be such a fuss. My P3P is not safe to fly.

Ok just know that I'm only trying to help.

Have you done a proper IMU advanced calibration/ then power down/ then go outside and perform a compass calibration/ then power down. Next and just as important, recalibrate the R/C Sticks AND Gimbal Wheel?

*Proper calibration means while the quad is cold/cool, not hot.
*Power down after doing a calibration locks the setting with the quad.
*I even reboot my tablet after doing a calibration. That way I know everything is on the right page with each other.

Ok just know that I'm only trying to help.

Have you done a proper IMU advanced calibration/ then power down/ then go outside and perform a compass calibration/ then power down. Next and just as important, recalibrate the R/C Sticks AND Gimbal Wheel?

*Proper calibration means while the quad is cold/cool, not hot.
*Power down after doing a calibration locks the setting with the quad.
*I even reboot my tablet after doing a calibration. That way I know everything is on the right page with each other.

I have done IMU advanced calibration on a perfectly level surface (checked with bubble level), non-metallic surface. I've done both room temperature and cold calibrations. I perform a compass calibration prior to every flight. I set my phone on airplane mode and leave it away from my quad so there in no EMF interference during calibration. I have tried calibrating the RC as well (gimbal wheel included). I have been unable to achieve any significant improvement in performance.

I do appreciate you trying to help me and others on here who are having major issues.

I experienced erratic flight today (6/30) that caused a failure to control the bird (Both in P-GPS, P-ATTI and ATTI modes). Eventually, the ground stopped it. I have the latest firmware installed on the Bird and controller (v1.2.6) and running the latest iOS app 1.2.0. I've been talking with support and have sent documentation to DJI in LA. We will see what, if anything, happens next.

The final moments

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31