Rocky Mountain High!

Reaction score
Greetings from beautiful Vail Colorado USA.
Just getting off the ground and doing some learning curve work for my new DJI P4.
What a great little aircraft. My camera work is focused on inspection work but also aerial photog and 3D mapping.
Glad to be part of this forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
Taking a trip up to Vail in about a month, but worried about where I can fly my P3A....let me know if have any tips VAIL8150.

Thanks

Your best bet is to stay away from Vail Mountain….they are serious about any flyovers and also Vail Village is a “no fly zone”

You can get great shots near Red Cliff and above Minturn as long as you have your FAA 107 and your Phantom is registered.
I have shot in many locations along the Colorado River and done track and shoot photo flying over fly fishermen, kayakers and rafters….caution!!! stay well above and away from people so we keep our sport/hobby from injuring or annoying others.
Vail Pass has some really nice alpine cliffs and crags along upper Gore Creek so as long as you follow these guidelines you will be fine. Early morning around sunrise is best time for me and make sure to have a polarizer because you get a lot of UV at our altitude.
Let me know how it works out for you.
Best

Drew

Thanks for response, why would I need a 107 for recreational flying? I have registered the drone and have an AMA membership but not certified for commercial flights

Understand...If only rec then you're all set. If you plan on selling photos/videos you would need the 107.

Understand...If only rec then you're all set. If you plan on selling photos/videos you would need the 107.
Hello I saw that you posted this over 1 year ago so i am curious if you have any updated locations to fly around the vail area. I have a P3 Standard and would love to get some cool shots while on vacation. Thanks for your help/

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31