Robotic or Pilot Flying?

Reaction score
Technology seems to be taking us more and more into hands-off flying. Putting aside the status of owning the best drone in your backyard or at the dog park, what do you want in a drone? Think of where you can and do fly as you answer.

1) A drone which is expensive and nearly robotic which soon becomes boring unless your job has demands? Why?

2) A drone which is moderately expensive, has adequate safety and programming features but requires a live Pilot? Why?

3) A low cost drone with maybe a good RTH function? Why?

Survey of what and why.

I'll start by saying cost was not an issue. I have lots of open spaces and chose a P3S as in it I see the best melding between technology and a pilot. I can easily operate everything at 1000m. A 4K camera might have been better than a 2.7K, but I fly only for sport.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Both. All of the above. I very much love flying my copter, but there's also something to be said for programming precise waypoint missions well beyond the range of my remote.

Reactions: kevinm
I never got a reply on this as I asked before how I can get auto flight in my p2 ? I don't understand the dji light bridge product to the degree I don't want to buy it. Surely there are 3rd party solutions ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4