Rma process

Reaction score
Hello new member here. Recently bought a new p3p and having it less than a week no problems at all until my bird one day loses power mid flight and falls out the sky. Send it in to Dji 12/28 they check it into system 1/4 . Question I know once checked into que that I wait on Dji to assess the damage and to list and itemized what's covered under warranty and what's not. From there I approve the warranty fixes and /or pay for any not covered under warranty out of pocket . Now when I check my status online , it says repair in progress . I was never emailed an itemized list of parts and services needing done nor what's covered and not covered under warranty . It does say PAYMENT CONFIRMED does that mean warranty is covering it?NEVER RECIEVED A QUITE NOR NEVER SENT A PAYMENT . Also about how long does Dji normally take to REPAIR ? Thanks any feedback is greatly appreciated . Also I wonder if Dji will tell me the cause of my power outage and falling from sky issue . I hear return time is 8 weeks from when Dji checked the bird into repost que

Last edited:
Also for anybody that has had repair / warranty wok done by Dji and has since gotten their unit back . Does Dji update the quad and /rc before sending it back to you ? I know silly question but figured someone that has experience with rma might chime in

Also for anybody that has had repair / warranty wok done by Dji and has since gotten their unit back . Does Dji update the quad and /rc before sending it back to you ? I know silly question but figured someone that has experience with rma might chime in
You will get it shipped back. No answers provided (even if you ask). It will be updated and devoid of EVERY single sticker and the metal badge on the front will likely have the imprint of a set of needle nose pliers on it. Since it went straight to repair they already determined whatever happened was covered under warranty.

Based on my experience. Ymmv.

Edit....adding I am US based and that the entire process took exactly 21 days start to finish.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LamboH
Thanks /dottat just wanted some input and I know and now realized that every case is ymmv. Crazy how everyone is left in the blue and hopefully in my case warranty is covering it and hopefully for me it's not an 8 wk return time. Quick question DOTTAT. When was yours serviced. ? Seems like if that was your case and if mine is similar how they differ from everyone else's repair /warranty service horror story

Thanks /dottat just wanted some input and I know and now realized that every case is ymmv. Crazy how everyone is left in the blue and hopefully in my case warranty is covering it and hopefully for me it's not an 8 wk return time. Quick question DOTTAT. When was yours serviced. ? Seems like if that was your case and if mine is similar how they differ from everyone else's repair /warranty service horror story
Aside from no communication they delivered me a working bird. Shame it came naked with no stickers but at least it was fixed. Wouldn't be surprised if yours completes just like mine did.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic