RMA - Packaging, will I get my box back?

Reaction score
My P3P fell out of the sky yesterday, about 40 feet away from me and about 40 feet up. DJI gave me an RMA number and I'm going to be boxing it up but I found conflicting information about the support.

I know DJI won't warranty the drone if it's just shipped back in the retail box. But if I put the retail box in a larger box will I get my retail box back? Any suggestions on packaging it to send back?

Yea retail in a bigger box is what I did , make sure nothing is moving around. And send what they told u to send . Mine fell from the sky too. They never said what was fixed or what happened but warrantied it and shipped back in retail box inside a bigger box

My P3P fell out of the sky yesterday, about 40 feet away from me and about 40 feet up. DJI gave me an RMA number and I'm going to be boxing it up but I found conflicting information about the support.

I know DJI won't warranty the drone if it's just shipped back in the retail box. But if I put the retail box in a larger box will I get my retail box back? Any suggestions on packaging it to send back?
I might also suggest that you include picture and list of what you sent and you have copies. I have heard some claim they never received all their stuff back or it was different.

One other thing. Should I include the remote control and battery? Both are in perfect condition and it was only the aircraft that was damaged. The email from DJI didn't specify.

One other thing. Should I include the remote control and battery? Both are in perfect condition and it was only the aircraft that was damaged. The email from DJI didn't specify.
Odd because when I sent my bird in they specially specified to me not to include the remote . Understand its on a case by case , but don't see the point of including remote , more shipping costs for dji . Make sure u read over the checklist they sent u . Any missing item on that check list will stall/void warranty claims . Not what u want

They don't need the battery or the RC. Only send in the aircraft. I sent mine in that way, after confirming with a supervisor that they were not needed, and they replaced the aircraft. I had to pair it with my original RC. Took 30 seconds. If you send in the RC, they'll pair it for you, if needed.

Make sure you read the email it will tell you exactly what to send in. I had fedex pack mine up. They put the retail box in a larger box with packing paper. They said it weighed 10lbs when I shipped. When DJI shipped back there fedex said it weighed 8.6lbs. I only had to send in my bird and RC.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20