Rise Of The Drones

Reaction score
I just don't see that many people with $1200 spare money to buy a Vision. I'm thinking most of the purchases will come from those that currently own a Phantom.

I do believe someday soon it will just be the "norm" to see all kinds of quadcopters and drones in the sky. Just like when cell phones came out it was awesome seeing somebody use one. Now they are everywhere.

jsansing said:
I just don't see that many people with $1200 spare money to buy a Vision. I'm thinking most of the purchases will come from those that currently own a Phantom.

Why in god's name would you think THAT? That's certainly not the way DJI seems to be marketing the Vision - by targeting CURRENT Phantom owner/fliers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying flying my Phantom, but I'd never buy another one which is so similar in size, appearance and flight characteristics. No way. That would just be more of the same-old same-old. Who in their right mind would plunk down that kind of coin to have two of (essentially) the same thing???

Once you've flown the Phantom for a while, you get the urge to move on to bigger and better things, not more of the same.

My $.02

PF

well I have two Dji phantom and waiting for the vision know. You say that they are all the same, i disagree because I use one phantom for the filming with zenmuse. The other one for playing around. I really don't want to play hard with the phantom zenmuse or the vision, because they are way to expansive to crash.

The phantom thats i play with i have build up from the ground, sow it`s not sow expansive.

The vision is not the same at the phantom one, it`s look the same but inside it?s different.

Regards
Bjorn

I have to agree with PF . I have had my phantom for a while now and even though I still love it, I am moving on to bigger and better things and feel no urge to buy a vision.

Now if it was given to me.... Well that's another thing :D

J

I think the "new" phantom owners are going to be the same people that already fly something, helis and aircraft, and/or are interested in photography. I don't think that DJI is trying to market to the "Walmart" crowd and want to get to the more advanced crowd. Like said above, not everyone is going to go out and buy a Phantom or a Phantom Vision. Heck, I am probably the only one in my zip code that has one. That said, I have tried to get some friends interested, and although they think it is cool or cute, they are not about to go out and get one.

Cheers
Chuck

PhantomFan said:
jsansing said:

Why in god's name would you think THAT? That's certainly not the way DJI seems to be marketing the Vision - by targeting CURRENT Phantom owner/fliers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying flying my Phantom, but I'd never buy another one which is so similar in size, appearance and flight characteristics. No way. That would just be more of the same-old same-old. Who in their right mind would plunk down that kind of coin to have two of (essentially) the same thing???

Once you've flown the Phantom for a while, you get the urge to move on to bigger and better things, not more of the same.

My $.02

PF
My $.02 cents
I have 2 phantoms; one with the ZENMUSE gimbal and one I need to sell. I have very little experience with the Phantom compared to the pros but as a newbie I finally get FPV without a mod. This is huge to me. I don't want another drone down, At least I wil have an idea where it went down.

Two questions on this thread. One, will they interfere, apparently not. Each has a unique frequency that if another has the same it's an amazing coincidence. Two, will they be everywhere? dJI isn't the only game in town. Google multi rotor and there are hundreds of choices, and they will be as cheap and common as hot wheels in the 70s, game boys in the 80s, Nintendo in the 90s, and camera-cellphones in the 2000s. You are seeing the front curl of the tsunami. Government regs to prevent them will be as effective as limiting skateboards in downtown office areas. Good luck with that.

Khakis1999 said:
This is a question for the experienced Phantom pilots in the forum. What do you do if your flying and someone else shows up with another Phantom? Should you be worried about flyaway and crashes when flying in close proximity? Will the radio transmissions get tangled? :evil:
I have flown both of my Phantoms at the same time,in close proximity with the TX's side by side and there was no problem at all.Both Phantoms flew faultlessly.

Just 'cause you have done it without consequence on that day with those two Phantoms, doesn't mean you should...

I've taken my Harley up to a buck twenty five. Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done, but I lived to tell about it. :oops:

FS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic