Rise of the Clones

Reaction score
I just saw this:
Autel Robotics X-Star Premium Quadcopter with 4K Camera XSPRMOR

Looks like a complete clone, down to having Lightbridge. Looks like the general problem of Chinese manufacturing (i.e., lack of respect for intellectual property) has come back to hurt DJI. Anyone test this out or seen info on it?

20160427_153022.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
same size

Reactions: Squirrel!
20160427_164453.jpg

20160427_163211.jpg
20160427_163201.jpg

full review coming soon

yes cools battery while charging plus is built real nice firm like the p4

one more gimble comes off
20160503_130311.jpg

members on here will be flying it on sat so after that will give a review on what everyone thinks

I'm buying one. It's supposed to have a better build quality of materials than the phantoms.

The remote is different in that there is a display for your vital flight information on the controller. You can actually fly it without a separate device (iPhone etc.), you just won't receive video feed.

The gimbal is removable for different cameras (near infrared) or replacing after a bad crash.

Check the vids on YouTube.

Autel Robotics' web site even admits to not reinventing the wheel, but improving on its quality. Something that DJI has taken hits on.

I'm sure there are enough changes in design to avoid lawsuits...or maybe use of the frame design was licensed by DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt
I'm buying one. It's supposed to have a better build quality of materials than the phantoms.

The remote is different in that there is a display for your vital flight information on the controller. You can actually fly it without a separate device (iPhone etc.), you just won't receive video feed.

The gimbal is removable for different cameras (near infrared) or replacing after a bad crash.

Check the vids on YouTube.

Autel Robotics' web site even admits to not reinventing the wheel, but improving on its quality. Something that DJI has taken hits on.

I'm sure there are enough changes in design to avoid lawsuits...or maybe use of the frame design was licensed by DJI.

You do realize you can fly a P3 with just the RC as well.

Besides, we've seen that the P3 gimbals come off all of the time.....

Everything I've seen and heard was positive about autel and the xstar. Aside from some features it's compatible to a p4 with a $600 less price tag. I'd be willing to bet the next one they release will surpass the phantom.

Reactions: flpholt
Comparable not compatible sorry.

well sinc e I have phantoms just wanted something else to play with after this weekend we will be able to let you know how it is I did get mine 2 weeks ago but had a bad gimble so that is why waiting for new one which will be here on Thursday autel was great with support sent me a new gimble overnight but I jumped the gun and sent it back called autel and they told me to just keep new gimble for a backup so autel customer support is awesome and fast

Reactions: kawakid

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik