Right RC control stick problem.

Reaction score
I sent my RC to DBS and paid the extra $100 for them to install the upgraded antenna. I got it back and now my right control stick now has an issue. (Wasn't there prior to the upgrade)...

When pulling the stick down, it seems to be snagging on something internally. Halfway down from center it "clicks" with slight resistance. Definitely suspect. I haven't flown it yet, but did do a bench test and confirmed the CSC command works and it appears to send the correct commands when running the engines. Any advice? Should I open the RC up and see if I can solve the problem?

I sent my RC to DBS and paid the extra $100 for them to install the upgraded antenna
What have they said about it?... seems they should have some responsibility for it since they had it opened last.... should check with them before you open it up and void any warranty they may offer...

What have they said about it?... seems they should have some responsibility for it since they had it opened last.... should check with them before you open it up and void any warranty they may offer...
Emailed them Friday evening. Haven't heard back yet. I did fly it twice yesterday, no issues with direction inputs.

Emailed them Friday evening. Haven't heard back yet. I did fly it twice yesterday, no issues with direction inputs.
Hopefully they respond and will repair it at their cost for shipping, etc... I'd be worried about eventual fatigue of whatever internal parts are making unusual contact... could short out a wire eventually or some such... good luck!

Open it & see if a wire or something is binding with the control stick. It's only a few screws to check & you can find out with only a few minutes of effort. Sure beats shipping it back if its something as simple as that.

I sent my RC to DBS and paid the extra $100 for them to install the upgraded antenna. I got it back and now my right control stick now has an issue. (Wasn't there prior to the upgrade)...

When pulling the stick down, it seems to be snagging on something internally. Halfway down from center it "clicks" with slight resistance. Definitely suspect. I haven't flown it yet, but did do a bench test and confirmed the CSC command works and it appears to send the correct commands when running the engines. Any advice? Should I open the RC up and see if I can solve the problem?

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Judy from DBS respond to my email and offered to pay the cost of shipping it back to them. I could try to fix it myself but I'm all set on tinkering with it at this point.

If I did the install myself I'd be ok with opening it up again. But, since I paid the extra $100 for them to do it, I'd rather they fix it.

Please don't turn it on as you don't know the cause of the issue. A loose item like a spring, piece of metal inside can create a short on a component. Avoid turning on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj