Right joystick changing

The front of the P3 is the two arms with the stripes on them. The camera also faces forward. Face those away from you and right should right and left should be left. Forward should be forward and back should be back. If the stripes are facing you, they will be reversed.

At this point I believe your only option is to go through a complete app and firmware reload. And then calibrate everything per instructions from us so we can help make sure you are going through it at the correct sequence, ect.

Otherwise, when contacting dji they will likely give you a RMA and you will not get it back for 6-8 weeks minimum.

If I were doing this myself I would prepare myself to possibly need to open the controller and search for a crossed wire.

This is all up to you on where you want to go from this point.

It doesn't seem likely or even possible, though, that it would ALWAYS be reversed irrespective of nose orientation. Count me a skeptic.

It doesn't seem likely or even possible, though, that it would ALWAYS be reversed irrespective of nose orientation. Count me a skeptic.

I'm going off the OP. It said:

"When pushing to left the drone goes right. When pushing right it goes left. Sometimes when pushing forward it goes forward and other times it comes back."

That made me think of orientation.

Skeptical too.
This still sounds like operator error of some sort be it observation, problem description, aircraft control vs. operation, etc.

I'm going off the OP. It said:

"When pushing to left the drone goes right. When pushing right it goes left. Sometimes when pushing forward it goes forward and other times it comes back."

That made me think of orientation.

Agreed ... but then later he said it DIDN'T matter which way it was pointing. Kind of contradictory and illogical ... and highly improbable from my admittedly limited experience.

Well guys, I thank you all for trying to help me. I sure am not crazy but I'm also sure that I will figure it out hopefully before I crash it. Again thank you

Make a systematic test plan and don't just fly randomly around. Point the stripes away from you on take off, and test the sticks. Then turn 180 degrees and test the sticks again. If left and right don't matter under those conditions (assuming you are in P-GPS flight mode), then you have a serious and probably unique issue.

Boy I sure hope that last remark was not sarcastic, we all can learn something, even me at 74 years old with an engineering degree.

John
Later I am going to a parking lot and will try what you said. Thank you

For all those following this thread I decided to do another controller update but instead of doing it over the air I used a usb drive with the update on it and my problem is solved. Only thing I can think is the OTA update was some how corrupted. Again thank you all for trying to help. This is what makes this forum great. But I am sure I will have plenty of other questions in the near future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.