Right joystick changing

Reaction score
First post so be easy on me. Just got new Phantom 3 advanced yesterday. I did all the updates before flying. My problem is my right joystick changes while in flight. When pushing to left the drone goes right. When pushing right it goes left. Sometimes when pushing forward it goes forward and other times it comes back. Almost lost it a while ago. Flying in open lot so right now I got it back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Did you calibrate the controller after doing updates?

I just don't see how that is possible to react like that. Did you calibrate the controller with the aircraft powered on or off? How about the thumbwheel on the controller, did you include it in the calibration?

Also need to know if you attempted to update the controllers firmware, or not.

It could be orientation. When the front of the phantom is facing you, the controls are reversed.

That is a possibility with him being a new owner.

I'm with logbuilder. The controls change as the Phantom spins around. You need to be aware of which direction your Phantom is facing so you know which way to operate the sticks. The radar at the bottom, left of the DJI GO app shows the orientation.

I did update the controller also. It did it over the air. The only thing I will try is to calibrate the controller again and see what happens.

The aircraft needs to be powered off when calibrating the controller, and don't forget to also calibrate the thumb wheel in that process.

It doesn't matter which way the phantom is facing. When you move the joystick left it goes right and when moving right it goes left.

It doesn't matter which way the phantom is facing. When you move the joystick left it goes right and when moving right it goes left.
That's super odd. When I press left, my Phantom goes left when facing away from me and right when facing toward me.

I have just re calibrated the remote again. I must be missing something. How do you calibrate the controller with the aircraft off?

You calibrate it from the DJI GO app. If you attempt to calibrate with the aircraft turned on, the DJI GO app will prompt you to turn it off.

Ok, I just did that. Went outside and the controller is doing the same thing. Left and right is reversed. Left controller works like it is supposed to.

Ok, I just did that. Went outside and the controller is doing the same thing. Left and right is reversed. Left controller works like it is supposed to.

Which flight mode number are you using? I think default is mode2?

The only thing that'll make the Phantom fly like this is course lock. I'm assuming you're not using that though since you did not mention it. Make sure the "PAF" switch is set to "P" on the top, left of your remote controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues