Right camera scroll wheel is also a button!

Reaction score
Maybe I'm the last person to realize this, but I just found out that the right scroll wheel to control camera exposure settings is also a button you can press IN to move between settings. Does everyone else know this but me?

Last edited:
I did read it but missed that part.

DUDE! I read that Manual twice.. and quick start and watched the videos and I still didn't know that.

Reactions: isopro
Good find. I must have been in a bit of rush to fly my P3P :)

I saw one of the YouTube videos where the guy pointed it out. I have all this knowledge from watching and studying and reading for the last month............ but no Phantom yet!!

The manual helps, but in my opinion there is a lot that is ambiguous and also poorly explained. There is help out there, in the form of Youtube tutorials, but I haven't found one yet that quite comprehensively covers everything there is to know about the app.

I knew about the scroll wheel that also doubles up as a button, allowing one to toggle through the different camera settings, but having had some free time to more thoroughly explore the app, I discovered something that hasn't been mentioned as far as I am aware , but might just prove very useful for those of you flying in areas of signal congestion.

After opening the app, if you tap on 'HD' at the top of the screen, a second screen opens showing Image Transmission Channels and potential interference levels that may be restricting communications between the controller and the aircraft.

The default is set on 'Auto' and the channel at 20 but it is possible to change that to 'Custom' and then using the information displayed choose a less congested channel, quite possibly resulting in better communications and a potentially much increased flying distance.

Living where I do, there is very little signal congestion here so I personally don't really benefit from it, but for those of you flying in urban areas with lots of extraneous and unrelated signal interfering with your comms, well, it may be worth checking for a less congested channel.

At the bottom of the same screen is a slider to increase or decrease Image transmission quality; a lower setting and smaller data exchange here might also improve image comms between the controller and the aircraft.

For those of you that are interested, it is explained clearly here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just fast forward to 10.30

Last edited:
Maybe I'm the last person to realize this, but I just found out that the right scroll wheel to control camera exposure settings is also a button you can press IN to move between settings. Does everyone else know this but me?
New owner of P3A ....i could not see this info in the manual. also really not a helpful manual when it comes to details on actual operation of the various functions of the camera. My right camera settings wheel only appears to adjust the exposure settings. When i depress the wheel it does not select a different camera setting but stays on Exposure.

Very cool! I've read the manual too, and was even re-reading it last night and never saw that. Thanks for sharing!

Ahaha .. I discovered it on day 1 thanks to my son, who clicks everything he founds ...

The manual helps, but in my opinion there is a lot that is ambiguous and also poorly explained. There is help out there, in the form of Youtube tutorials, but I haven't found one yet that quite comprehensively covers everything there is to know about the app.

Just fast forward to 10.30
Kinda old news there. There are probably thousands of posts in conversations about channels, the channel hack, what its actually doing, and the legal ramifications of using it.

Kinda old news there. There are probably thousands of posts in conversations about channels, the channel hack, what its actually doing, and the legal ramifications of using it.
Yes your right about legal issues. Get your ham and you'll be ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.