Ribbon cable?

Reaction score
I crashed my P3, wasn't high speed, wasn't that high, but clipped a tree branch and it went down in a corn field about 75 yards from where I was flying. Bad depth perception on my part.

Almost everything is fine. I can power it up, fly it, etc. However, after powering it up and it tests the gimbal, the gimbal falls dead after about 5 seconds and points straight down and dead. I have no connection to the app for video. I'm assuming it's the ribbon cable? The gimbal is fine, nothing broke or came apart.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Well, other than not contacting low hanging branches. lol

I crashed my P3, wasn't high speed, wasn't that high, but clipped a tree branch and it went down in a corn field about 75 yards from where I was flying. Bad depth perception on my part.

Almost everything is fine. I can power it up, fly it, etc. However, after powering it up and it tests the gimbal, the gimbal falls dead after about 5 seconds and points straight down and dead. I have no connection to the app for video. I'm assuming it's the ribbon cable? The gimbal is fine, nothing broke or came apart.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Well, other than not contacting low hanging branches. lol

Sorry to hear of your crash. I would suggest trying to replace the gimbal's ribbon cable first as that definitely sounds like it could be the problem. We do know the ribbon cable will be made available but unfortunately DJI has not let us know of availability or a price quite yet.

Keep an eye on our site or if I remember I will try and post back when we have them available.

Thanks,
Travis

Sorry to hear of your crash. I would suggest trying to replace the gimbal's ribbon cable first as that definitely sounds like it could be the problem. We do know the ribbon cable will be made available but unfortunately DJI has not let us know of availability or a price quite yet.

Keep an eye on our site or if I remember I will try and post back when we have them available.

Thanks,
Travis

You might want to check the ribbon cable plugs and see if any of the pins came loose, one of mine came out and I very carefully reinserted it and it now works fine.

Reactions: Advexure
You might want to check the ribbon cable plugs and see if any of the pins came loose, one of mine came out and I very carefully reinserted it and it now works fine.

Good point, Bob. Thanks for sharing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1