Revert to previous Firmware?

Reaction score
After the latest firmware, I cannot fly at my home/backyard anymore, even under 100 feet AGL, as I used to because I live within the 1.5 NM of my airport.

A good amount of work sites aren't available anymore neither due to the Red and Yellow unlock able no-fly zones.

How do I go back to the previous firmware on my P4P and is it really worth it to do, am I not going to miss future valuable updates?

After the latest firmware, I cannot fly at my home/backyard anymore, even under 100 feet AGL, as I used to because I live within the 1.5 NM of my airport.

A good amount of work sites aren't available anymore neither due to the Red and Yellow unlock able no-fly zones.

How do I go back to the previous firmware on my P4P and is it really worth it to do, am I not going to miss future valuable updates?
This is the part of the update that I was really wondering about! The No Fly Zones issue. So it sounds like you cannot unlock them then? And to go back to the previous firmware you just do it through DJI Assistant with your computer. I may be rolling mine back as I have a serious camera issue popping up only at night time for some reason.

Reactions: shenzi105
Everyone wonders why we get these GEO firmware updates cramed down our throats
I bet you enjoy things crammed down your throat.. :D
Maybe you missed this little tidbit from the OP's original comment.
"After the latest firmware, I cannot fly at my home/backyard anymore, even under 100 feet AGL, as I used to because I live within the 1.5 NM of my airport. "

Last edited:
Really? You think thats why? Because of guys like Lickity Split asking the question would there ever be a plane lower than 400ft that is a mile and a half out? Def would not be unless it was either crashing or was making an emergency landing and was in trouble anyway. But it sounds like you want to be free of GEO updates as well! Right? I kinda feel like drones are so new that the FAA is under pressure to keep DJI under pressure with their software when it comes to airports and security around them. But I do think that drones are starting to get a lot more positive spin in last several months or so. So hopefully things will keep easing up a bit. Just my two cents.

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
Maybe you shouldn't be flying 1.5 miles from an airport, just saying.

of course you can be 1.5 mm from an airport if you have the tower/airport permission after having reported your location and height of operation. I do it for work all the time. You don't have to be an idiot and fly in the final approach/landing pat and not through the extended center line of the runway in use for sure.

I am an instructor at that airport and an airline pilot, i have been able do as much drone work as possible before, i'll revert to the previous firmware then.

This is the part of the update that I was really wondering about! The No Fly Zones issue. So it sounds like you cannot unlock them then? And to go back to the previous firmware you just do it through DJI Assistant with your computer. I may be rolling mine back as I have a serious camera issue popping up only at night time for some reason.

i guess i'll revert too. thanks.

Everyone wonders why we get these GEO firmware updates cramed down our throats

there's a difference with licences drone operators making an income and using their tool with respect of the law and idiots.
The FAA has always wanted to get out of the enforcing of drone use and pass it on to the manufacturer and the states/city.
DJi is just thinking ahead but there should be a way to unlock those for licensed commercial drone operators

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I bet you enjoy things crammed down your throat.. :D
Maybe you missed this little tidbit from the OP's original comment.
"After the latest firmware, I cannot fly at my home/backyard anymore, even under 100 feet AGL, as I used to because I live within the 1.5 NM of my airport. "
How would you know, you haven't reached puberty Yet.:D
I have Helicopter's fly over my house often and I'm about 1.25 miles from a Class D airport. What if the quad has a problem, looses signal is it always going to be under 100'?

How would you know, you haven't reached puberty Yet.:D
I have Helicopter's fly over my house often and I'm about 1.25 miles from a Class D airport. What if the quad has a problem, looses signal is it always going to be under 100'?

the illegal drone flying without permission and communication from airport's ATC would then crash into said helicopters who would then plummet to the ground into the village streets killing hundreds of people. Terrible. Who in their mind would communicate with ATC before flying a drone inside a class D. Definitely what the point was..... What this world comes to....

So... if you revert to previous firmware, you can now go kill helicopters pilots and villagers??? mmmmm, that firmware update is definitely the solution to the world's problem then.

the illegal drone flying without permission and communication from airport's ATC would then crash into said helicopters who would then plummet to the ground into the village streets killing hundreds of people. Terrible. Who in their mind would communicate with ATC before flying a drone inside a class D. Definitely what the point was..... What this world comes to....

So... if you revert to previous firmware, you can now go kill helicopters pilots and villagers??? mmmmm, that firmware update is definitely the solution to the world's problem then.
No it's not, unfortunately not everyone uses good common sense and fly's where ever and when ever they want just because they feel entitled. You and I are the ones that have to suffer for the idiots that bounce their quads off buildings in downtown NYC or buzz over class B airspace. Then we have all the Casey Neistat's that make our life so much better.

Last edited:
No it's not, unfortunately not everyone uses good common sense and fly's where ever and when ever they want just because they feel entitled. You and I are the ones that have to suffer for the idiots that bounce their quads off buildings in downtown NYC or buzz over class B airspace. Then we have all the Casey Neistat's that make our life so much better.
Freaking love Casey btw! Just saying! He flew some crazy **** for sure! Don't make me love him any less though! Guy is a genius in so many ways. Plus he loves to help people in need.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31