Reverse sticks

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a setting so that when the bird is flying towards me left is still left & right is still right

You can achive something like that with Course Lock, an advanced function available on your phantom. Read the manual and watch some youtube videos about course lock so you understand what it is and more importantly what it is not. When flying any RC aircraft, part of the skill building is to "become one" with your craft and don't have to think about left or right as you are "mentally" connected to your aircraft. It takes a while until it becomes second nature, but it is like riding a bicycle: after you can do it you have it for life! If you are concerned about the risk with your phantom, get something cheap to practice until you developed the skill. Course lock (and when it becomes available in the future: home-lock) is not a substitute for this skill you need to develope.

Good luck and lots of fun!

To develop this "mental connection", it may help at first to think as the forward direction of the stick to be the "red" direction (with respect to the copter's lights and nose orientation), and the pullback position to be "green".

Course lock works but... In a pinch or gps fail, gust of wind. You need to train your eye and hand and practice flying reversed. It will save you in an emergency

Practice makes perfect my friend. Find a nice big field and practice orientation on the sticks with a half-decent altitude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.