Returning my drone problem please help!

Reaction score
d

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-07-09-22-56-55.png
    Capture+_2017-07-09-22-56-55.png
    461.2 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
First things first: i ordered my dji phantom 3 standard along with the argtek mod upgrade from amazon
The order total came to $543.92
The drone is in perfect condition, never crashed. The controller was never touched, and the accessories and batteries charger never even opened. I found that the argtek mod was not working either, so I'm returning that too

So I was dissatisfied with my phantom 3 standard and after researching I decided to return it to amazon and buy a refurb advanced instead. but the orange and second set of red stickers are not there. I am scared that I will only receive partial refund, having that I need the full amount of the original order(stated above) plus $85 extra to buy the refurbished advanced.

Real Question #1:
Will I still receive full refund given that the 2 sticker sets are not there?

Real Question #2
I ordered the argtek too but the cardboard white paperish peice I no longer have. Will I still receive full refund for that too?

I am just a 13 year old kid with very little money so that's why this is a big deal.

If someone could answer those questions that would be awesome.

And please do not say its not a toy because I am fully aware and am very responsible with it. I have got into the hobby

Update: I had a phantom 3 standard before too and it crashed so when I got a new one I did not need the battery charger or acserories.

And please don't say I should have contacted amazon about this
As a youngster, you need to be both decisive and to to take responsibility for your actions and follow through as necessary.

So send back what you received and see what happens. There may be no problem, but if Amazon hum-and-ha about it, then show them this thread.

If you get docked some money then... Hey!... That's life... :)

Good luck!

How a 13 years old kid can have an amazon account with money in it? I think you need to have your parents permission.

I am just a 13 year old kid with very little money so that's why this is a big deal.

If someone could answer those questions that would be awesome.

And please do not say its not a toy because I am fully aware and am very responsible with it. I have got into the hobby

Update: I had a phantom 3 standard before too and it crashed so when I got a new one I did not need the battery charger or acserories.

And please don't say I should have contacted amazon about this

Hey, 13-year-old-noobie - Welcome aboard this fascinating hobby!

The fact that you saved enough money to purchase what you did tells me that you don't need some of the smart-aleck comments others have already posted on this thread - you obviously have a good head on your shoulders and are serious about what you are doing here. Good on you for that...

As for what to do with the 'copter and the other item(s) that you spoke of: I would most definitely get with the seller and explain things exactly as they happened, and let them know exactly what it is you want to do. Your writing skills are pretty darn good, but I would maybe have an adult look over your communication to the the seller prior to your sending it - just to make sure it says what you want to say in a manner that the seller can know exactly what you want to do.

Don't be afraid to let the seller know that you want to do business with him/her, and be prepared to make reasonable concessions if the seller doesn't want to give you everything you ask for - after all, the seller is in business to make a reasonable profit on his/her sales and anything he/she does above and beyond what was required to fill your original order is money lost. Some sellers are very accommodating and others are real sticklers - but, as another person said above - "that's life".

Again, welcome to the world of drones! You have a bright future ahead of you...

Last edited:
How do you know if anything is faulty if it's never been flown????????

:( :(
Unless you see obvious damage to the packing materials or the items, you wont. I bought a P3S new and unopened from Best Buy right after Christmas. Every thing looked new, but when I flew it, the gimbal didn't work right. I took it immediately back to Best Buy and they exchanged it for another one.

When you buy a used drone in a private transaction sight unseen, you have no way of knowing what condition the pieces will be in. While I'm sure that the most of the people selling on here are doing the right thing, there is still a risk involved. What you can do to protect your self is to make the payment via PayPal and make copies of all email and private message conversations. Do not count on a message to save the details, if the user cancels his account (ahem), his personal details could be removed or at least hidden to you. If you use the Chrome browser, just print the web pages to PDF files. This can help if you need to provide any additional information after opening a dispute on the transaction with PayPal.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Unless you see obvious damage to the packing materials or the items, you wont. I bought a P3S new and unopened from Best Buy right after Christmas. Every thing looked new, but when I flew it, the gimbal didn't work right. I took it immediately back to Best Buy and they exchanged it for another one.

When you buy a used drone in a private transaction sight unseen, you have no way of knowing what condition the pieces will be in. While I'm sure that the most of the people selling on here are doing the right thing, there is still a risk involved. What you can do to protect your self is to make the payment via PayPal and make copies of all email and private message conversations. Do not count on a message to save the details, if the user cancels his account (ahem), his personal details could be removed or at least hidden to you. If you use the Chrome browser, just print the web pages to PDF files. This can help if you need to provide any additional information after opening a dispute on the transaction with PayPal.

Please read the post.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4