Returned my ipad mini 2 today

Reaction score
I returned my ipad today, maybe I am just use to my iphone 6s.or use to looking through a viewfinder. I thought a larger screen would be great, but after a couple of flights, I returned to the iphone. I like to keep my phantom in eyesight and use the iphone for quick composition. A quick glance at my phone and I can see the complete image.
With the ipad, it seemed that there was to much area to watch and it felt a little cumbersome,plus the glare was a pain, even with a shade.
I found an old roll of Rosco Cine Foil in my grip bag, at first I was concerned with foil, but I have flown a few times using it as a sunshade, works great, no probs. Its stiff and you can also fold it to your likings.
I have included a couple of images.
cine1.jpg
cine2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: direkMel
It's individual's choice. I have seen few of us have even gone for iPad Pro :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Enal
I was using the iPad mini 2 for awhile and switched to my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. A few days ago I slurged and bought a Samsung tab s2 which doesn't connect right. Yesterday I bought a refurbished Samsung tab s off of amazon, I'm hoping the tab s won't have any issues , I should have it tomorrow. I. Also thinking of buying an iPad mini 4 or iPad air 2, anyone using either of those without issue? But to be honest I'm happy using my s7 edge with its 5.5 inch screen especially with the Amoled screen which is why I bought the Tab S2 , I love oled, Even my 55 inch 4k tv is oled and it's stunning to say the least

I was using the iPad mini 2 for awhile and switched to my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. A few days ago I slurged and bought a Samsung tab s2 which doesn't connect right. Yesterday I bought a refurbished Samsung tab s off of amazon, I'm hoping the tab s won't have any issues , I should have it tomorrow. I. Also thinking of buying an iPad mini 4 or iPad air 2, anyone using either of those without issue? But to be honest I'm happy using my s7 edge with its 5.5 inch screen especially with the Amoled screen which is why I bought the Tab S2 , I love oled, Even my 55 inch 4k tv is oled and it's stunning to say the least
My Air 2 is perfect for me. With bright turned up, glare is minimized.

Im using ipad air 2 as well.. never had problem wid connection issue caused by low cpu power like before models. Except for glare in bright sunlight ipad air 2 is da way to go for me.

Ok so I pulled the trigger on the iPad Air 2 gold with 64gb (only one they had in stock) but I actually like the color more than I thought I would , I haven't used it to fly yet. So far I've downloaded DJI go , phantom pilots, and UAV forecast. So I'm all hooked up. Now I'm debating on purchasing Litchi. Also need to get a shorter cable , probably 1ft cable , any recommendations on a good reliable 1ft cable? Or will any cheap cable work? Man this screen is big! Going to be a huge difference compared to me S7 edge!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you want to save some bucks, buy refurbished. I've got an Air 2 4g 64gb it is new! You only notice that it is a refurb just for the box. You can read more about refurbishment process in Apple website

Ipad mini 3 4G. Works brilliantly. Thinking about fatshark goggles now though.

I just bought one like you. I'm having issues with video transmission. 32 channels are available but the choppy video is at 10 cms from the drone. I read that hot weather is the cause but today is a fresh day and it is impossible to get a good video transmission.

I don't know what to do

4036753d4e94a02aa52dba7494fa4728.jpg

I just bought one like you. I'm having issues with video transmission. 32 channels are available but the choppy video is at 10 cms from the drone. I read that hot weather is the cause but today is a fresh day and it is impossible to get a good video transmission.

I don't know what to do

4036753d4e94a02aa52dba7494fa4728.jpg
Switched on hardware decoding ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using PhantomPilots mobile app

While I started with my Iphone 6+, it was too small for my old eyes, and trying to touch the tiny icons on the screen typically had me pushing the wrong or unintended button.

I tried my Ipad Mini which I had, but it didn't have cellular, so certain functions didn't work. Glare is an issue for all my devices, so I bought sunshades which helped some.

I wound up buying a leftover Ipad Air with cellular for 329.99 from BestBuy. It works perfect. I use a hoodman sunshade and this anti-glare screen protector that helps. Really does the job for me.

I returned my ipad today, maybe I am just use to my iphone 6s.or use to looking through a viewfinder. I thought a larger screen would be great, but after a couple of flights, I returned to the iphone. I like to keep my phantom in eyesight and use the iphone for quick composition. A quick glance at my phone and I can see the complete image.
With the ipad, it seemed that there was to much area to watch and it felt a little cumbersome,plus the glare was a pain, even with a shade.
I found an old roll of Rosco Cine Foil in my grip bag, at first I was concerned with foil, but I have flown a few times using it as a sunshade, works great, no probs. Its stiff and you can also fold it to your likings.
I have included a couple of images.
View attachment 65298 View attachment 65299

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr