Return to home

Jay

Reaction score
Hi all is there anyway to set the height limit that the return to home feature will fly at ?

No there isn't

Not in firmware...however you can fly straight up say 40m and reset the homepoint. On rth it will now go 20m + the 40m. Try it yourself :)

IrishSights said:
Not in firmware...however you can fly straight up say 40m and reset the homepoint. On rth it will now go 20m + the 40m. Try it yourself :)

That's a good idea thanks for that will give it a go. :)

By "height limit" do you mean keep it LOWER than the 60ft?? There's no way to do that. But like Irish says, you can easily set it HIGHER than 60ft by resetting the home point once you're in the air. No real need to add the feature, since it's so easy to set specifically for the given situation of your current flight.

And no matter how high you set your homepoint, your Phantom will still come down softly to the ground on RTH.

Actually if you're already higher than 20m (66 ft), then it will just stay at that altitude until it gets to the home point, then will start descending. I tend to try and fly it higher than 60 feet if I'm going to be far enough out that I think the controller will disconnect. I guess if you want to reset the home point directly above you at altitude that would work, however keep in mind that the vehicle doesn't descend very fast when in Failsafe. I've never tried resetting the home point anyplace other than on level ground, so I can't speak as to how well it works. I did today emulate a disconnect in Naza-M mode with the S1 switch for the first time and let it fly itself back completely to see how accurate it would be. In a 15mph wind it landed within 5 feet of my home spot. That's pretty impressive given the wind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.